Guide for Dem debate was wrong!

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jamie_loonam, Sep 13, 2019 at 12:04 AM.

1. jamie_loonam

jamie_loonam New Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Thanks, TiVo! You started recording the debate at 8 pm Pacific, instead of 5 pm! Glad I missed 5e ENTIRE THING!

2. TonyBlunt

TonyBlunt Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Lucky you....

3. MScottC

MScottC Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2004
    It was actually a very well organized, run debate. ABC News did a great job, this includes their on air talent, behind the scenes production people, and their technical people. And most of the candidates even behaved and came pretty close to following the timing lights.

4. TKnight206

TKnight206 Member

Oct 20, 2016
    The wrong debate time meant other shows on the network were wrong. Meaning, we could have recorded the debate instead of what we wanted.

5. kokishin

kokishin Active Member

Sep 9, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    I didn't record it but it correctly showed in the guide as starting at 5pm PDT on Comcast 1007 (ABC) on 9/12/19. What did your guide show?

I did switch during commercials on Tucker and Hannity to catch glimpses of the debate. I half expected Bizarro Superman to fly in and join the debate.

PSU_Sudzi likes this.
  6. Ruth

Ruth Now with toddler

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    I also recorded a bunch of random programs instead of the debate and didn't sit down to watch it until it was over so there was no way to correct. I was pretty annoyed about it. This is the kind of thing TiVo (or whoever does the guide data now) really needs to get right.

7. foghorn2

foghorn2 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2004
    Las Vegas
    I was too busy spinning LP's on my record player.....:rolleyes:

kokishin likes this.
  8. tenthplanet

tenthplanet Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2004
    You hipsters and your vinyl :D

foghorn2 and compnurd like this.