Guide doesn't show if a program is recording?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by D Lincoln, Nov 6, 2009.

1. D Lincoln

D Lincoln New Member

Nov 6, 2009

Advertisements

Hello, new to the forums. New to Tivo.

I just dumped our cable dvr in favor of OTA tivo.

I am perplexed to see that you can't see the shows that are scheduled to be recorded on the guide view, you have to highlight it. Am I missing something or is that something that I was taking for granted with my cable dvr?

Also, I really like scheduling recordings from the web, is there any downfall to scheduling exclusively from the tivo.com site?

2. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nope you aren't missing something. This is a commonly requested functionality of Tivo (highlight recording programs and to be recorded programs). There are a couple of places that you can see what is being recorded. You can click the right button and then scroll down until you see what is on the other channel. Or you can go to the now playing list. For to be recorded programs there is a To Do list.
    As for scheduling from the net there is not much of a problem with it. I would just make sure you schedule at least a couple of hours in advance. Also note, when creating season passes you should order them by priority. This can't be done from the web (they just go to the bottom of the list).

3. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
  4. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I miss that feature also when I switched from the comcast dvr to the tivoHD.