Guide Day(s) Advance

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by mtims, Mar 15, 2011.

1. mtims

mtims New Member

Mar 14, 2011

Advertisements

With my cable company DVR in guide can go forward or back day(s) by pressing a number then right or left arrow, the Replaytv one press of FFD or reverse jumps 12 hours can go day(s) by pressing number followed by FFD. Is there any way to skip ahead day(s) with Tivo, series 2 if it makes a difference.

2. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Use the -> button to advance 24 hours or you can move to a specific day/time in the guide options.

3. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    As far as I know when you bring up the guide you can punch in a channel number with the numeric keypad and either wait for it to shift to the guide for that channel or hit 'enter' (not select) to make it jump immediately.

Then use the right arrow to get to the shows for that channel, but after that it seems the best there is to offer is hitting the channel up/down buttons several times quickly.

Once you're in the shows column on the right, the FF and RWD keys will leave you at the same time of day but move you up or down one channel, so if the focus (blue highlighting) is on 5pm on channel 47, FF takes you to 5pm on channel 48, or RWD takes you to 5pm on channel 46.

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    While you are on the left side of the Live Guide, you can press the instant replay button for reverse 24 hrs, ->| for advancing 24 hrs forward, pressing << will scroll up on the right side panel by 1/2 hr increments, >> for 1/2 hr increments forward.

5. mtims

mtims New Member

Mar 14, 2011

Advertisements

I can't find that button (have tried all) would be perfect if I could get it to do that, thats what I liked about the replay just double click one button to get to next day.

6. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    [​IMG]

7. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    #25 to go ahead 24 hours. #13 to go back 24 hours.

[​IMG]

8. mtims

mtims New Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Tried those (thought it(#25) was what you meant) they just do what they do if your not in guide. I'm in grid style does it only work in the other style?

9. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    It works in list guide.

10. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    I just checked both the Grid and Live guides and it worked the same for both, skipping ahead 24 hours. Sorry I was using my TivoHD. I checked again on my S2's and the ->l worked for neither the Live or Grid guide. Other than pressing Enter with the guide open to select a particular day/time, I got nothing.

11. mtims

mtims New Member

Mar 14, 2011
    I was going to remind you I had series 2 and ask if that's what you tested on. At least people must have wanted such feature and Tivo did eventually put it in. I'll check out the ENTER day and time I might like that.