Guide data not being kept current

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jmbissell, Apr 28, 2016.

1. jmbissell

jmbissell Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Greenville, SC
    It's less than 4 hours before the NHL game between the Pens and Caps starts on NBCSN. The local paper and NHL.com have shown the game as starting at 8pm EDT for two days now. The complete 2nd round playoff TV schedule has been on NHL.com for over a day.
    The TiVo Guide both on my Roamio and online still does not show the games. Neither does a search for NHL Hockey. The Guide shows NBCSN having "Mecum Car Auctions" starting at 6:30pm and again at 8pm.
    I have reconnected twice to the TiVo service and no updates. I've resorted to creating a manual recording so that I don't miss recording the game. It's ridiculous that a live sports event takes so long to appear. Not sure if the NBA playoffs are having the same issue.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    That sucks. NBA seems ok (on TNT). But zap2it shows the NHL games, so it's down to the year's old quandary:

Gracenote doesn't give TiVo the data, or
    TiVo doesn't use the Gracenote data.

3. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Even when the guide data on NBCSN is correct I'm blacked out locally for the games I want to see and it's broadcast on a regional sports network alternate channel that has no specific guide data at all. The channel is only used several times a year for overflow hockey games. I can record manually but it sucks if I want to keep any recordings to have them all labeled as "Regional Sports Extra Games HD".

4. bnc

bnc New Member

Apr 29, 2016
    I'm seeing the same problem with tonight's NBCSN NHL games (Friday April 29). As a new TiVo Bolt user, this is very disappointing. :thumbsdown: I came from the legacy Comcast DVR setup and was looking forward to an "improved guide" . Ugh :(

5. mabuttra

mabuttra New Member

Apr 29, 2016
    Wichita
    I had the same problem yesterday as well, and had to set a manual recording to get the game. They were a little slow updating some of the first round games, but they never failed to update at all until yesterday. Today was the same, so I set manual recordings for tonight's games this morning before I went to work. When I got home tonight, I had it connect, just to see if it might finally update, and it did. It looks like it filled out the entire schedule for the first 4 games. Now if they can keep it up past game 4.

Mark

6. Tanic

Tanic Member

Jun 22, 2004
    Four days into the regular season and my guide is still showing MLB baseball on all the NHLCI channels. Have forced several connections. tvguide.com is showing NHL on the CI channels. Any ideas please?