Guide data not appearing in SP searches?!

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by sushikitten, Oct 25, 2011.

1. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    This is X-POSTED from the when will tivo fix "program info will runout on 7-18-2011 connect to tivo" problem thread because I didn't notice it until those problems started, but am posting it here in case it's a different issue.

A little backstory in case you don't read/follow the other thead... My tivo kept running out of program information and we narrowed the problem down to a tuning adapter issue and GC (garbage collection) date on the tivo. After much troubleshooting, we got it working again...and now I have this problem:

After successfully updating everything (and it's been a few days, so the index should have had plenty of time to process), programs in the guide data are NOT showing up in Season Passes!! This is what's happening to me (I can test because I have two tivos, one with the TA issue and digital channels and one without). Both Tivos have current guide data and GC data.

Let's pick The Backyardigans. On the old Tivo, I see this (29 upcoming episodes):

[​IMG]

I check the new Tivo (the one with the recent problems) and I see this (not even showing up in a search):

[​IMG]

So I check the actual guide data for that channel and see it listed, and when I click on it, I get the full program description:

[​IMG]

But I click on view upcoming episodes, I get this (not even the episode that got me to that screen):

[​IMG]

So it's not like I can even search for and create a new season pass, because the guide data isn't appearing in searches... I tried searching by The, just in case it was wonky that way, but that didn't work. And this is happening to A LOT of my shows.

Ideas? I am beyond frustrated.

2. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    I contacted TiVo chat and they told me to reboot the TA and the TiVo. Didn't work.

Now they suggest changing the channel lineup to a random zip code like 90210 then changing it back. Seriously? That's like 16 hours of waiting (I just did this for one lineup change and it took 8+ hours). Ugh.

It was suggested I just set new SP from the Live Guide entry but that doesn't work--it still shows no upcoming eps.

And interestingly, it's only seeming to affect kid show networks from what I can tell (Disney, Nick Jr).

3. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    Well, I had to change service zip codes, connect, let it run, then switch back to our zip code, connect, and let it run. It seems to have done the trick--SPs that were missing upcoming episodes now have episodes...but I did need to go into each SP to "check" them since some eps weren't set to record. It seemed like once I went into the SP I just had to "save" it again and it started working properly.

Who knows. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

4. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    And less than two weeks later my guide data is running out - the original problem that started all this mess, before my guide data got messed up.

So, so frustrating.

5. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    What cable company?
    Did you do a full guided setup last time?
    If not, that may be what you need to do. One of the cable companies changed the name of their line-up package and re-doing guided setup in full was the solution (supposedly).

6. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    Time Warner Eastern Carolina

Yep, I did a guided setup two weeks ago.