1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

guide data for Olympics NBC Sports Channel

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by KPVT, Feb 11, 2018.

1. KPVT

KPVT New Member

Mar 16, 2016
    Yesterday I got home and checked my TIVO and was surprised there was no daytime Olympics covered. Turns out there was but my guide data is not accurate. I connected to the service and it figured out a few things but still (after many connects) has NBC-SC showing all Poker when it is Olympics.

Anyway to correct? Is this a local TV problem or a ROVI guide problem? I remember it being so much better last Olympics with even preset up options to record all of certain sports. I know I can stream the things I really want to see but just wanted to pop some Olympics on yesterday. We do get the Canadian channel with the Olympics so I was watching that (it recorded with my setup) but didn't know there was US coverage on.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Since zap2it, titantv and tvguide.com have it correct it seems to be a local guide problem. My TiVo has Olympics coverage on NBCSN from 1:30pm today to 3pm Monday. Is your service connection ok? I don't understand NBC-SC.

3. KPVT

KPVT New Member

Mar 16, 2016
    It says NBCSN-C in my guide. Not sure what the C is. Maybe that is the problem. Poker After Dark and Off Air most of the day is Olympics was on yesterday but Premier Soccer today graphics on the channel (when watching something) say NBCSN. I've connected many times so up to date. My cable company (small local co) channel guide says it is NBC Sports Network. I have watched things on it previously that were properly listed. Perhaps there is some odd sub channel that I'm getting in my guide (the -C in the TIVO guide but not in my cable company description).

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I saw your first post with the -SC. I figure the -C is just central time zone but if you are in Las Vegas ( KPVT-LD - Wikipedia ) that would be wrong. I'll guess more north. You might get a second opinion with tvguide.com since it also uses the same database as TiVo. The zap2it or titantv sites use Nielsen and are usually correct.

Also -> NBC Sports TV Listings & Livestream Schedule

5. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Yeah, I was just coming here to post Olympic TV Listings

I am trying to cross-check what NBC's own website says, so I can pad the live figure skating. The OP doesn't give a location, but here we have a strange situation where some segments are played several times over (encore and encore 2) but others only have one live segment and that's it.

There may be less daytime stuff this time around because the time difference means some of the action overlaps with our primetime.

As I'm writing this (11:42 am Pacific) the listings are showing me:

• NBC (local, broadcast) coverage starts at noon
    • NBCSN (currently showing cross-country)
    • USA (nothing)
    • CNBC (nothing)
    • Olympic Channel (Olympic Channel News)

The Roamio is recording NBCSN and Olympic channel, according to kmttg, so right now it agrees. Where I've been burned so far is with live segments running over where I thought I had padded but the recording cut off at the regular end of the timeslot.

6. KPVT

KPVT New Member

Mar 16, 2016
    I am in Vermont. I did guided setup again and looked over the channel names. The TIVO lists it as NBC Sports (Carib -- the rest is cut off but I think it might be Caribbean? No idea why. The actual broadcast is the regular NBCSN but the guide is wrong.

Is this TIVOs mistake or my cable co? I can make phone calls tomorrow.

7. KPVT

KPVT New Member

Mar 16, 2016
    Well that was frustrating... 2 calls to TIVO the first with a rep whose headset or something was constantly cutting out and I could only hear a few words there and there. Then called back and waited again and it took an hour on the phone to file a "Line Up Report" (turns out there were a few other problems with my line up too). Unfortunately was told 7-10 days to correct which will be too late to help with my Olympics issue. I guess I'll be using my AppleTV instead of TIVO!

8. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Active Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Connecticut
    Good luck with that. I've been trying for almost 2 MONTHS now to get the Olympic Channel straightened out on 2 of my 3 Tivos. No guide data/emblem at all. One of them has it right, the other two don't. I've put in two separate reports about this channel(and one other that is missing guide data on all 3) even including a channel listing and they just won't fix it. A couple months ago, the other channel that I have issue with WAS right, with guide data and an emblem, then inexplicably they deleted it from my listing for no reason and the guide data/emblem has never come back.

This is where I usually ping Tivo Margaret and she would get things straight within a few days but I tried pinging Tivo Ted at one point and never got a response.