Guide data appears wrong for a number of channels

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by morac, Sep 29, 2012.

1. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ

Advertisements

I'm seeing discrepancies between TiVo's guide data and that of Zap2It TV for a number of channels as of October 1. Channels I've noticed with screwy data are:
    Cartoon Network
    Comedy Central
    Nickelodeon

There might be others, but that's ones I've noticed. Problems I've seen are:

1. Guide data simply being wrong, where the wrong show is shown airing at the wrong time.
    2. Guide data shows the correct show at the correct time, but there is no detailed program description so it just shows generic data.

As such shows are getting scheduled at the wrong times in addition all airings of a show being aired.

For example, I have a season pass for Robot Chicken on Cartoon Network. Compare TiVo's listings to Zap2It's listings.

Basically it looks like TiVo's guide data is wrong or not updating for some cable channels.

2. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Gosh, I don't watch any of those channels on Mondays. hmm, force a guide update on your Tivo and then contact tivo to correct Tribune.

3. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    It's not just Mondays. It's everything after October 1st.

I checked TiVo's web site when not logged in and all the data still looks generic with no cable provider selected. When I selected my provider manually it was still generic, but the times looked more correct so I repeating guided setup. That won't fix the generic data, but I'm hoping the times will be right.

4. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Perhaps as a result of the maintenance down time that started Friday evening, TiVo has not updated their guide data yet. Or perhaps Tribune updated the data after their daily feed to TiVo.

If it is wrong on tivo.com, I doubt that forcing a TiVo guide data update will change anything.

5. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ

Advertisements

What maintenance downtime?

Also can anyone click the two links in my first post and confirm that one contains generic data and the other does not?

6. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    This one. The one announced on the TCF home page.

I did and they do.

7. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    Looks like this is starting to fix itself.

8. starbreiz

starbreiz Fangirl

Jan 29, 2005
    Mountain...
  9. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
  10. starbreiz

starbreiz Fangirl

Jan 29, 2005
    Mountain...
    That's not entirely true, the form goes to an actual human, unless it changed after I quit. Sorry :/

11. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    In any case I got a response that the bad data was likely caused when TiVo did the system update this weekend. It's fixed now though.

12. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    OK, that was weird. I don't think I am watching anything on those channels right now except Star Wars Clone Wars and everything worked fine.