1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSOD after new HD and PS, on TivoHD. HELP?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by madscientist.sharkgi, Jul 3, 2018.

1. madscientist.sharkgi

madscientist.sharkgi New Member

May 26, 2018
    Hello and thanks to all for listening.

I have a Tivo HD TCD652160 with Lifetime. I just backed up and upgraded to a brand new WD Blue 2TB drive using the Windows WinMFS option with no trouble. I also replaced the Power supply acquired via Weaknees.com. I successfully booted up the new drive and had full function before going to bed. All seemed well. I woke up to a frozen Powering Up screen. Unplugged, rebooted to a good start. Made it to Almost There screen only to go to GSOD followed by stuck in Powering Up loop.

I have pulled the drive, deleted, and restored with the backed up image using WinMFS. Still having issues with GSOD and Powering Up loop. I'm out of ideas.

FYI original issue was random reboots and freezes indicating HD or PS. Thus I replaced both.

Can anyone offer their advice please?

Thanks,

Eric

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Have you tried booting with the original drive (and did you run the manufacturer's drive tests on that drive to confirm that it was bad)? Instead of using an image from the original drive (which could have issues if it was failing), you could use a clean image from here (check your PM's).

I can't recall if there are any issues using a Blue drive with an HD. Most people would recommend the Red 3.5" models in a TiVo.

Scott

3. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    You changed both the drive and the ps at the same time. Is the old ps known to be bad? Is the new one a refurb or has it been sitting on a shelf for 10 years?

I would eliminate a variable in your troubleshooting efforts if possible.