Grouping Episodes Pullsed From PC in MP4 Format?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by jeffster, Apr 16, 2011.

1. jeffster

jeffster Member

Feb 18, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    I have a bunch of TV shows in MP4 on My Mac, and I can pull them back onto my Premiere by putting them in the Tivo Recordings folder on the PC (VM) running Tivo Desktop Pro.

However, they all come across as separate programs (the Tivo doesn't recognize that they are all episodes of the same series).

Is there any way I can get Tivo to group them into a folder (some naming convention or something)?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    No, Tivo will group them if there is guide info matching the title. However, if you were using PyTivo with auto-push, the pushed files get grouped even if there is just 1 file, it also gets protected from further transferrings.

3. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    I think I've also heard that it won't group shows if there aren't more episodes coming up in the guide data, so, for example, you could transfer every episode of Lost (recorded on original air dates) out of a huge folder on one TiVo via TiVo Desktop to a computer, then transferred to another TiVo, and since there aren't any new episodes of Lost coming up, they won't get grouped.