Grounded for Life cancelled

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by rhuntington3, Oct 27, 2004.

1. rhuntington3

rhuntington3 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 1, 2001
  2. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    It had its moments. I liked the first season. It got moved around a bit, both time slots and networks, and was kinda rebooted. I also had issues with my affiliate airing it late.

3. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Aww. I really liked this show. Probably one of the funniest on the air now. They at least lasted pretty long considering they got moved from network TV to the WB.

4. DougF

DougF Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    I've never seen it either. Missed it on FOX and no WB here.

Wonder if Donal Logue will be showing up on ER more now?

5. jeff125va

jeff125va New Member

Mar 15, 2001
    Ashburn, VA USA
    I just canceled my SP like a week ago, although it was after watching an episode from back in April - we were about 7 or 8 episodes behind. It was really good when it began, and the concept was good with each episode's story being told through flashbacks, but it got more stupid and less funny around the time it moved to the WB. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it or not, since there were a number of episodes produced before the move which weren't shown until after. Megyn Price was the only reason I kept watching as long as I did.

6. rhuntington3

rhuntington3 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 1, 2001
    If he does, I hope there's not another male breast feeding scene. That was way too disturbing.

7. MrCalifornia

MrCalifornia New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    The first year was definitly the best. They stuck to a format of having all the episodes take place through flashbacks and it was pretty hilarious. Still a good show after they moved it to the WB, but never as good. Sad to see it gone forever though.

8. KRS

KRS Mmm...invisible cola

Jan 30, 2002
    Franklin, MA
    That's too bad - I really liked the show and (thanks to TiVo) followed it as it hopped timeslots and networks. The flashback concept did get old, but they stopped doing it the past season or two. My favorite character was Eddie Finnerty.
    [​IMG]

Fun factoid, Bret Harrison (Brad O'Keefe on the show) is in a band called Big Japan (formerly called Steven's Team) with Adam Brody (Seth Cohen from The O.C.).

9. DougF

DougF Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    No kidding!

I kinda hope he is on more, though. More Donal means more Sherry and I'm all for that. She's not as attractive as she was 10 years ago, but still very pretty.

10. tonering

tonering A new life era begin

Dec 16, 2003
    8400 ft in...
    We watch it on a semi-regular basis, which equates to when ever the WB network doesn't mess around with the time slot. I think Megyn Price, who plays Claudia Finnerty, is hot. Eddie is my second favorite character.

11. Supfreak26

Supfreak26 Go Cowboys!

Dec 12, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    That's too bad. I kinda enjoyed this show. I remember watching this show and Titus back to back and getting some good laughs.

Now where will I get my Megyn Price fix?? :(

12. KalaPela

KalaPela New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Awww...the only sitcom I watch is going away. :(

:thumbsdown:

Figured it was running out of steam though when they jumped the shark with the disappearance of Henry and Claudia's pregnancy.

13. Leo Valiant

Leo Valiant Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fresno, CA
    While I'm sad to see it go, I too enjoyed the first couple of seasons the most. I also enjoyed the flashback style and the grandfather Walt. And this season with the youngest Henry gone, it was just too odd that he was never even mentioned. They could have at least said he was sent to military school or something.

14. boywaja

boywaja Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2001
    Northern...
    rhuntington3 thanks for posting, I hadn't heard.
    That is disappointing. There just aren't a lot of shows I actually look forward too and that was one of them.

Year 1 was the best in my book also. At least the show wasn't killed while young like so many of our other favorites.

15. THEROCKER

THEROCKER Member

Nov 9, 2000
    NYC
    Years 1 and 2 were the best but I'll miss it.

16. MannyVjr

MannyVjr Manny Gold Agent 009

Nov 20, 2002
    La Gran Manzana
    :(

17. KathyBrowncoat

KathyBrowncoat Goddess of Chaos

Feb 9, 2006
    I never watched the show, but I know my sister REALLY liked it when it was on the air. I heard season 1 just came out on DVD and I'm thinking I'll get it for her for her birthday.

It's either this or M*A*S*H, season 2... I gave her M*A*S*H season 1 last year, and she loved it...

18. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Oh my gosh why did you bump this thread. I was starting to freak out wondering why I thought this show got cancelled a long time ago!

:)

19. Warren

Warren Wild Hair

Oct 18, 2001
    No kidding!!! I was thinking maybe ABC Family Canned it also. gosh :)

20. Spire

Spire Fallen

Jun 6, 2001
    Everywhere...
    Ooh... burn.