Grey's Anatomy

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by Taco Corp, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Taco Corp

Taco Corp Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Seems as though there's a random 4 minute episode of Grey's Anatomy ("Into The Fire") that's going to air at midnight tonight. It's scheduled to record via OnePass and it also shows up on TVGuide's listing...

[​IMG]

I have so many questions... but, just why??

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    It shows up on titantv also. There is just a generic description. But nothing on zap2it. How far the mighty have fallen. Probably won't have SM. :D

3. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    It's probably an "ad" for Station 19.

murgatroyd likes this.
  4. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    A month or 2 ago, ABC played these little promos of some of its shows, including "This Is Us." Maybe 6-7 minutes long. Odd.

5. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002
    ^^ That was NBC (This is Us is an NBC show) but yeah they did that for several shows, and AMC does it for Walking Dead sometimes as well. I'm curious what this Grey's episode turns out to be.

Mikeguy likes this.
  6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    A promo for Station 19.

Mikeguy likes this.
  7. Taco Corp

Taco Corp Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Yeah, I figured it had to be a promo of some sort. Gotham did one as well a few weeks ago. The difference though, was that Gotham's was to advertise the second half of the season, and it was also run during prime-time FOX programming. It preempted another show, was about 5 minutes long, and was picked up by the OnePass.

It's definitely odd they decided to run this one at midnight, right before they crank up the Ron Popeil infomercials for Chop-O-Matics and Smokeless Ashtrays. Is that really the demo they were after? Or was it just because the air time was dirt cheap?

8. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    First available spot.

9. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    Well ... it got it's own thread on TCF. :p

Mikeguy likes this.
  10. 59er

59er TiVotee

Mar 27, 2008
    New York, NY
    For DVR users, why does it matter what time they air it? Overnight promos are smart from the network perspective, in terms of cheap airtime and “guaranteed” recording if guide data isn’t screwed up.

For me, too many of those mini episode promos just end up pissing me off, but I’m okay with the occasional sneak peak.