1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grey's Anatomy Season 15 - [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ScubaCat, Sep 28, 2018.

1. ScubaCat

ScubaCat Shades of Blue......

Jun 26, 2003
    N.E. GA
    I am happy to see Meredith coming alive again. I am also happy to see Dr. Atticus Lincoln. This could be interesting!

And Alex Karev is Chief of Surgery?!? Oh my!

2. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    This show is such comfort food LOL.
    I am also happy with the new cast additions.
    But I swear to God - any plot line with Owen and his love interests is immediately skippable.
    I will be quite happy the day Amelia Shepard leaves the cast.

hummingbird_206 likes this.
  3. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I was just saying to my wife yesterday that she is a very lucky actress. Amelia is the only character to survive the cancellation of Private Practice. Heck, even Addison got the axe. :)

4. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I was very happy to see that the kiss between Mer and Deluca was a dream. I thought it probably was, but really never know on this show.

Bailey stole Jo and the fellowship idea from Mer, that's annoying. I like Jo and Mer working together and I'm not a fan of Bailey. Alex as interim chief should be entertaining.

I wonder how much Richard will screw with Alex? He's done it before when Alex has something Richard wants (surgeries), and Richard wanted the chief position back.

Glad the show is back. I still enjoy it even after all of these years!

5. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I hate Owen. I've always hated the character and really hated him with Yang. I was hoping he'd stay in Germany with Teddy. I'm not a fan of Amelia either, but she's not nearly as annoying as she used to be. I like Teddy but I'd rather the drama with her center around Teddy vs Maggie for the head of cardio rather than the inevitable love triangle.

6. Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I don't particularly care for Teddy the character, but I do like the actress. Have since Third Watch.

7. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I'm glad it's not just me. I have never liked Owen, either.

8. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    My wife and I thought the whole opener was pretty much over the top and acting took a noticeable drop in quality. She is pushing me to drop the season pass and we have watched it since season 1. Broadcast is becoming such a wasteland.

Regarding Owen - whats up with his teeth? Its like they are miniature or he can't smile properly.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  9. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Ugh, I hate Maggie. I so wish they hadn't killed off Lexie so that Mer would have had a sister and they wouldn't have needed to bring in Maggie. I can't believe she's whining about doctor-patient confidentiality. And then she goes and breaks confidentiality and tells Mer about Teddy. Ugh, Maggie is such an whiny idiot and extremely annoying. I hope Jackson dumps her when he gets back from his retreat. Make Teddy head of cardio again and pair her up with Jackson, or Lincoln, anyone but Owen.

I'm really liking Jo and Alex the past couple of seasons. I didn't really care much for Jo when she and Alex first started dating. She was pretty whiny then. They've made her a lot more likable and entertaining. Lincoln knows Jo from when she was Brooke so that should bring some drama to the happily married couple!

Glasses and Hell are still interns aren't they? Is Deluca an intern, too, or is he longer in the program than them. Who is the other female intern, the one who worked with Alex on the bleb guy? I cannot remember her name. Anyhoo, the interns are ok for a bit of comic relief, but I"m glad they aren't focusing much on them. And what about the guy that got fired for lying about eating the pot cookies who Bailey had to rehire and Karev fired again. Is he really gone this time?

10. ScubaCat

Jun 26, 2003
    N.E. GA
    And so it begins with Meredith and Lincoln - with a haircut.

11. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Meredith, Lincoln, and DeLuca. Triangle time!

The cameos for the Day of the Dead episode were a nice touch. I wonder how much was done with live-in-person cameos and how much with old footage. I hope an actor gets paid even if they appear in old footage.

12. MauriAnne

MauriAnne Mostly lurking

Sep 20, 2002
    NC
    The cameos did make me realize how many people they have killed off ! Was Denny Duquette there? I might have missed him.

13. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Only doctors I think and everything appeared to be CGI inserts some worse than others.

Let's see George, Lexi, MacDreamy, MacSteamy, and Ellis Grey. I don't think any of the interns were shown.

14. ScubaCat

Jun 26, 2003
    N.E. GA
    Don’t forget the puppy dog!

15. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Doc the dog.

They stuck to the people closest to Meredith who died. That wouldn’t include Denny or the bomb disposal guy who got blown up.

16. ScubaCat

Jun 26, 2003
    N.E. GA
    I realize this is a soap opera so you can't go straight to "happily ever after". There has to be some back and forth, maybe this, maybe that, but please not DeLuca. He's a nice enough character but just no.

17. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I used to watch the show regularly, but then strayed. Coming back: boy, they seem to be having lots of sex, every which way. HR probably should be getting involved. ;)

18. Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I can't quite get passed DeLuca being the bad guy to Karev (last season? the season before?) - the rehabilitation of his character isn't working for me. If he does hook up with Meredith - - - I predict that will not end well.

19. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I wouldn't say he was the bad guy to Karev? Karev beat the crap out of him for something he didn't even do... there was nothing to rehabilitate him from!

20. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    They need to cast a new McDreamy and McSteamy. Neither Link nor DeLuca is a McDreamy and they certainly aren't McSteamy. Both are nice enough guys and ok as secondary characters, but they aren't Mc worthy.

Mikeguy and stellie93 like this.