Grey's Anatomy 11/2/2006 (S03E06) "Let The Angels Commit"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dswallow, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Nov 2, 2006 #1 of 45
    dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...

Advertisements

So Bailey suspects something is up but do you think she's focusing on Cristina having something against her or might she be making the connection to Burke's recovery... it was painful seeing Bailey's disappointment when she thought Burke removed her name from the board.

2. Nov 3, 2006 #2 of 45
    cyke93

cyke93 New Member

Jan 29, 2004
    i felt very bad for baily in this episode.. getting the cold shoulder from burk like that.. that was harsh in an already harsh episode for her..

not the best episode but a solid one .. i felt relieved when derek said he needed space.. i think we ALL need space from him and merideth

3. Nov 3, 2006 #3 of 45
    cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent. TCF Club

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    I thought it was definitely Bailey realizing that Cristina was responsible for taking her name off the board. Wasn't Cristina moving or changing names during that scene? Actually I thought that was probably the best moment the show has produced over the past few lackluster weeks. And I hope it snaps Bailey's head back around. I don't like the weepy Bailey we've had lately.

It's clear now. The Denny storyline has exacted a sad toll. Izzie is dead to me.

Edit: Corrected spelling of Izzie's name. Sure seems like I had seen it with a "y" on the Grey's writers' blog, but I guess not.

4. Nov 3, 2006 #4 of 45
    cyke93

cyke93 New Member

Jan 29, 2004
    when denny's dad came and talk to izzy i just forwarded through that whole part .. i did like baily when it came to the button situation. . i think izzy's punishment is very just n more than fair .. hopefully they can fix her character up ... im surprised the chief has not said anything to burk about christina .. we'll see how long that facade lasts ..

5. Nov 3, 2006 #5 of 45
    Satchel

Satchel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Dallas, TX

Advertisements

So Christina is a power monger and Burke is a pushover...I really thought they were gonna kill that humpty dumpty patient...

I guess George is not a pig afterall...just a chicken...we shall see

Anyone know who the actress is who played McDreamy's sister? She was hot

6. Nov 3, 2006 #6 of 45
    dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    McBitch was played by Embeth Davidtz.

(And it appears she was born in Lafayette, IN about the time I was living there myself. Of course, I was only 2 or 3 at the time. :))

7. Nov 3, 2006 #7 of 45
    Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    I thought this was the strongest ep of this season. :) I am interested to see what happens with the Cristina-Burke situation.

Notpick: Bar exams start Tuesdays, not Fridays.

8. Nov 3, 2006 #8 of 45
    Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    I think that when Bailey saw Christina furiously working the board, she realized that something was up with Burke because even a nakedly ambitious Christina has to have another reason to be working so hard on scheduling. Burke's goose is going to be cooked, and it ain't going to be pretty.

I disagree about Izzy. She channeled her empathy properly this time around. Although they made Meredith unusually obtuse. But she's all wrapped up with McSteamy.

"So McSteamy's sister is McBitchy!" Heh. Good one.

So that was Embeth Davictz? Didn't recognize her. Derek's sisters should be played by Sela Ward, Patricia Kalember, Swoozie Kurtz, and Julianne Phillips. ;)

9. Nov 3, 2006 #9 of 45
    Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC
    I figure that Bailey will rain fire down on Christina now. She probably thinks Christina was taking advantage of her situation to get more experience at her expense. I expect her to be on a very short leash to prove a point about who is boss.

Did I mention I hate the who Izzy thing. How can she possibly be whining about not being able to be full blown back when she killed someone and then took several days of standing outside the hospital when they told her she could come back. Clearly, she did not think she was ready, now on her first day, while she is still full of self doubt, she wants them to turn the keys to teh hospital over. Man, I can hardly believe women's groups are not protesting in the streets about how they cut her character down.

10. Meathead

Meathead LSU Tiger!

Feb 19, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    +1 on being over the whole Izzy thing. Personally, she needs to take the millions of dollars she got, go lay on a beach in a string bikini, and the producers can just show that for 30 minutes of the show!

Now THAT would be good television & better than her whole "oooooohhhh, I'm such a victim" routine.

11. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    So... are you ham or eggs?

I think I've been pretty much eggs all my life. :(

12. Shakhari

Shakhari Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2005
    I don't know that Bailey realized that there's something wrong with Burke, but I think she certainly realized that Christina was the one who took her name off the board and that she may just have another out-of-control intern on her hands. Considering the flak she's getting about Izzy, she has to confront Christina and try to rein her in ... and that's inevitably going to lead her to what's wrong with Burke.

13. IndyTom

IndyTom New Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Zionsville, IN
    Interesting (unless I missed it) - not onemention of the "check" in this episode. They (the writers) can't pretend the viewers have forgotten about that.

14. hapdrastic

hapdrastic Swarley

Mar 31, 2006
    It took me forever to realize what the hell that metaphor was supposed to mean. I don't know why, I'm not usually dense, but for some reason it just didn't click until the very last mention of it in the show.

15. jurysch

jurysch Ever-negative

May 18, 2005
    Allen, TX
    Another +1 for Izzie's victim role just being tired and thoroughly unappealing. She used to be one of the most fun characters on the show, and now I don't think I'd be all too disappointed if she decided to leave the show and was just written out.

Grey's Anatomy has become a bit of a frustrating show in that several episodes have been very well written and thoughtful, yet at the same time the limited scope of characters has worn thin by this point. The four major interns' problems (and thus, the overall arc of the show) are so played out that it's hard to care when they speak anymore. In addition to Izzie, Meredith's men issues have just gotten silly, Christina's involvement with Burke has become pathetic, and George's quirks with the girls and Callie make him look too weak.

I guess of all the characters, for some reason I only really like Karev. Maybe that's because he's incapable of whining and whining every single episode like the other interns.

If ER hadn't started to rely so much on Africa-based episodes and guest appearances, I honestly think it was a better medical drama. Although I can't see Grey's Anatomy lasting anywhere near 12 seasons anyway.

16. katbug

katbug Tivo Junkie

Oct 2, 2003
    N. AZ
    :up: Yes! And then they could have a spinoff of their own ala Sisters. I sooo miss that show still!

17. MitchO

MitchO Blasphemer: Uses DVR

Nov 7, 2003
    Lyndhurst NJ
    +1 about Izzie. When she was leaving the hospital and had a moment where she had absolutely beautiful smile, it startled me for a second ... and it was only then because I realized I hadn't seen it in almost a year.

18. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Sela Ward and Patrick Dempsey did play brother and sister on a TV series, Once and Again. McDreamy was only seen in four episodes, though.

19. plowsterbabe

plowsterbabe Indentured Servant

Feb 22, 2005
    Greenville, SC
    Slightly off topic, but I *just* read this article from Newsday where the entertainment writer shows how ER has gotten much better this season, largely influenced by the success of Grey's: Newsday Article

20. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    The patient is under no obligation to tell the doctors the truth.

Remember: patients always lie.

(Oh -- sorry, wrong medical show. ;) )

Jan