Grey's Anatomy 1/15

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dthmj, Jan 16, 2006.

1. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    It was an ok episode... nothing to write home about.

But, I was disappointed that the guide data gave away a plot point. I'm going to have to stop reading the description of the shows, as this has happened several times this season (not just GA, but other shows as well).

2. firerose818

firerose818 Now 65 pounds less! TCF Club

Jul 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Really, the only thing I can say about this episode is that I love George. I adore him.

Anyway, not much happened, but I did like seeing Izzy interact with the heart transplant patient.

-Rose

3. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    Yes, I adore George as well... He had better not cut his hair.

Hopefully we'll see more of the heart patient in future episodes.

4. TheDewAddict

TheDewAddict tciddAweDehT

Aug 21, 2002
    Amsterdam,...
    George rules!

I'm tired of Meredith and Dr. Shepard. Enough already. I'm even starting to like Addison Shepard.

"There is a land called Passive-Aggressiva, and you are it's Queen."

5. warrenn

warrenn Active Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Tivoverse
    Derek flirting with Meredith in the elevator creeped me out. It's one thing to have a relationship with her while he's separated, but to be doing that now just means he's a scumbag.

6. rkester

rkester a rkester says what?

Jan 10, 2005
    tulsa area,...
    I finally got my tv connected to my roofmount antenna so I could actually see this one in HD last night. Woot.

I agree on the Meredth/McDreamy stuff. Getting old, I think he needs to leave his wife permenantly and NOT hookup with Meredith. She doesnt need him, he's got issues and shes got her own issues she needs to work out. Like being too whiny.

Go George!

7. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    Anyone else grossed out about the look of the partially digested book? Ewwwwwwwwww!

8. bdlucas

bdlucas Right side up again.

Feb 15, 2004
    Exurbia
    To me it means he's human, and he's struggling to get over his feelings for her.

Some great acting in this episode. George asking Becks about taking birth control pills. Burke explaining to Yang that he wants to "know things", and Yang's "wow, I never thought of that" reaction. The amused look on Derek's face after he pointed out to his wife that he was cooking the fish outside. I'm liking this show more and more.

9. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    I certainly didn't expect it to look like a big potato.

10. rkester

rkester a rkester says what?

Jan 10, 2005
    tulsa area,...
    Ever washed paper in your pocket? It turns into a big wad of compressed paper. If it wasnt put into the dryer first I imagine it would look alot like that novel did only not as large or gross.

11. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Any idea who played Becks? She looked really familiar...

12. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Becca Gardner

(The character is also listed as "Bex", not "Becks")

13. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    If you follow that link, you'll find that she was in an episode of The Practice not too long ago, and also An Unfinished Life with J-Ho and Robert Redford.

[​IMG]

14. pendragn

pendragn Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    I'm glad to see GA back. The dog part really bugged me though. Why were they all hold up in the bathroom, instead of being hold up in their own bedrooms?

tk

15. Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    I didn't like the dog thing either. This was a disaster waiting to happen. Obviously a bunch of hardworking sugeons do not have the time resources to raise a puppy. One one hand, I am glad they are addressing that issue -- way too many people think you just get a dog and he loves you and that's it, when in fact it's a huge amount of work to housebreak and train a dog. But it looks to me that where they are going with the storyline is that they'll decide they can't handle it and give the dog away and turn that into a moment of comedic relief -- ahh, look, we've got our house back now that we've gotten rid of that devil dog! And that is an absolutely terrible message. I believe that if you adopt a dog you have a responsibility to him forever. I don't think it's a funny thing to have people get a dog becuase he's cute, make no real effort to train him, and then ship him off to the shelter because he's not under control. This is why the shelters are full and perfectly wonderful animals are being killed.

OK I will stop ranting now. Hopefully I'm wrong about where they are going with the dog storyline.

16. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    It won't surprise me to ultimately see them give the dog away to someone in need at the hospital.

17. coolpenguin

coolpenguin New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Glen Burnie, MD
    George has been my favorite character since the very beginning. He's simply the best. I enjoyed the storyline with Bex, not sure why, but I did. I, too, am beginning to like Addison but I CAN NOT stand her with Derrik.

18. mrpantstm

mrpantstm Well aren't you

Jan 25, 2005
    Fredericksbu...
    nothing huge in this episode but still very solid. I really laughed at the writer, I thought the actor who played that part, played it to a T.

George was great as usual. While I understand running the information through the parents first, Bex is their patient, not the parents. Like we've seen in other episodes, they try to get the parents out of the room so they can talk to the kid without the parents pressure. Why did they switch it up here? I'm certainly glad Addison told the parents to F off when they asked to do the sex change without the Bex's knowledge.

19. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    I agree with all of that, although my immediate objection to the dog part of the story was simply that it was so freaking cliched. Does anyone on television have a normal dog; you know, on that doesn't make the characters lock themselves in a room to get away from it? That is a totally hackneyed television convention that just doesn't happen that often in real life. Grey's is really too deft a show to be wasting time with something so trite, and so false. What woud be wrong with them actually having a sane, stable pet that gives them emotional support when they are at home? Like most dogs do?

20. bdlucas

bdlucas Right side up again.

Feb 15, 2004
    Exurbia
    So could we say that the writer who ate his book is now suffering from a form of writer's block? Or is that blockage? :)

(I'm a bit surprised they didn't make that joke. Or did they and I missed it? Or is it just not that funny? :))