Grey horizontal lines through SD channels on Roamio

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by patrick2099, Jul 17, 2020.

1. patrick2099

patrick2099 Member

Dec 15, 2013

Advertisements

Has anyone ever had grey horizontal lines going through SD channels? I am using Spectrum cable, with a cable card. I already replaced the TV, thinking it was the 14 year old plasma tv burning out, causing it.

The lines only appear on SD channels. If I zoom the screen from the small box, to wide screen, to full screen, the lines move with the picture.

I put some attenuators on the line, in increments of 3. That got the corrected and uncorrected errors down near zero, but didn't affect the picture.

HD content, Roku, all of the smart tv stuff look fine. It's only SD shows. I'm also experiencing some audio pops that sound like static, on one channel only.

Anyone had similar issues?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I would contact your local feed. It sounds like equipment failure on their end. My cable company supplies a DTA for free, so I use it for a second opinion when the picture does funny things.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Post the signal strength and SNR, while tuning to that channel, from Settings / help / System Info & Acct / Diagnostics.

4. patrick2099

patrick2099 Member

Dec 15, 2013
    All numbers are with 9db of attenuators.

SD Channel with audible popping
    SS: 85
    SNR: 34 dB
    RS uncorrected: 41598
    RS Corrected: 372147

SD channel with horizontal lines(this channel"s time to last tune lower than the one with audio issues) :
    SS:79
    SNR: 31
    RS uncorrected: 0
    RS Corrected: 6

Normal SD channel
    SS:85
    SNR: 34
    RS UNCORRECTED: 0
    RS Corrected:0

Normal HD channel:
    SS: 84
    SNR:33
    RS uncorrected:0
    RS Corrected:0

5. patrick2099

patrick2099 Member

Dec 15, 2013

Advertisements

Spent over an hour on the phone with Spectrum, yesterday. They had me try several things, and also tried what they described as sending signals or sending hits to the cable card. No luck. They are sending someone out later this week.

6. patrick2099

patrick2099 Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Spectrum came out, replaced some stuff outside, and said that the audio popping should be gone, but the lines were still there. He wasn't sure what was going on. I asked if he had a text cable box, to see if the problem occurred on that. He didn't. I asked if he had a test cable card. He didn't. He had to drive to an office at a nearby city to get those (why would you not bring those to a service call?!?).

After he tested with the test box, the problem still occurred. He had another Spectrum employee check at home. Same problem. Also, the same problem in their office. I'm not sure what is causing the problem, but it doesn't look like the Tivo or anything I can troubleshoot on my end.

JoeKustra likes this.