Green screen of death loop

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by RGrizzzz, May 21, 2020.

1. RGrizzzz

RGrizzzz New Member

Dec 4, 2019
    Update: See post 2. Need help with an S303 error.

One of my old minis died. I picked up a used mini vox on eBay because TiVo was sold out last week. Monday I called and had them transfer ownership. Today I called because i was still getting the v70 error on the mini. They made some changes on their side and then They had me run a network update on the Roamio. It kept getting a S303 error. A bunch of users online had luck running the kickstart kickstart with code 57. I did that, but now the TiVo is stuck in a green screen loop. It only stays in the green screen for 15 seconds before rebooting. I tried to kickstart into some other tests, but they don't change the pattern. How can I get the tivo to boot normally? If it matters, I updated the disk to a WD Red back in early December. I still have the original disk. I'd like to keep my current recordings if possible. Thanks!

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  2. RGrizzzz

RGrizzzz New Member

Dec 4, 2019
    I called TiVo support and they told me I needed to get a replacement device. I wound up restoring the original HDD to the WD red and it's alive again. I'm still getting the S303 error. Any thought on how to work around it? The backup was from December, so I don't have any guide data.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  3. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Hook the WD Red hard drive up to a PC and check the health of the drive with Crystal disk info. If the drive is healthy, then go into disk management and do a quick format on the drive. The put it back in the Roamio and let the Roamio reformat the drive.

4. RGrizzzz

RGrizzzz New Member

Dec 4, 2019
    Health is fine. I'd like to keep the recordings though..

After the restore, the guide data is older than 30 days. I tried to run the network update, but it fails. I have guide data, and my OnePasses are all recording. Everything seems back to normal except the error messages in the update. I may just leave it be, and see if it resolves over time.