Green Light on front of Roamio

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Schnidly, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Schnidly

Schnidly New Member

Apr 13, 2020

Advertisements

Dear Forum, can someone tell me why my green on light on front of my roamio is not working? Everything else seems to be working just fine. It started fading out where only half of the light was lit and not today its out altogether? Is there a fix for this? Should I be concerned? Thanks

2. Schnidly

Schnidly New Member

Apr 13, 2020
    Im doing a restart on my tivo and the green light is blinking sometimes but its like brighter on one side than the other if you know what I mean?

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    It is a problem for others. BTW, the yellow LED is on the same circuit board.

Green Light Failing

krkaufman likes this.
  4. Schnidly

Schnidly New Member

Apr 13, 2020
    The yellow light lights up when I push a remote function that does not work that for a particular venue, but stays unlit as well. It only lights up if I push a button on remote that creates a non functioning menu item. The green light is off even though the tivo is on and working. I just want to know if this a normal functioning indicator.

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

It is normally on except when power is removed or the box is in Standby.

6. JackMcC

JackMcC Active Member

Aug 11, 2019
    If you have a volt meter, I would just open it up and measure the voltage across the led to determine if you just need to replace the led or voltage regulator powering it. If it’s the circuit driving the led your most likely out of luck. I recall in the past I had a poorly lit green led and it was the regulator which should have been at 12v but instead turned out to be 9v instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Schnidly

Schnidly New Member

Apr 13, 2020
    Would you have a schematic of where the voltage regulator is? Much appreciated.