Gracenote launches new multiplatform entertainment data products

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by tarheelblue32, Feb 24, 2017.

1. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    It looks like Gracenote is committed to improving the quality of their metadata. I wish TiVo would do the same. They still haven't managed to get all the network logos correct in my guide, and I would have thought that would be the easiest thing for them to fix.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Perhaps this will put pressure on Rovi, to increase the integrity of its own product?

3. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    They had better, or else they will likely start losing a lot of their customers. I think Comcast dropped TiVo/Rovi metadata in favor of Gracenote metadata just last month.

4. headless chicken

headless chicken Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Hahaha. Good one!

5. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I have to be optimistic--the alternative is not pretty. :(

6. leswar

leswar leswar

Apr 14, 2005
    Vero Beach
    I viewed the youtube video of Donald Trump's private plane. I found it interesting that the plane's home theater included a TiVo option ( it was first) on its flat screen controller.

Maybe he has a presence here and would help us "Make TiVo MetaData Great Again."

Mikeguy likes this.
  7. ah30k

ah30k Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Although the reason Comcast moved was more about lawsuits and leverage more than data quality.

8. Jed1

Jed1 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Frackville, PA.
    Nothing new here except the fact that their soul purpose is to use it for data mining the consumers usage habits. Covered in this paragraph from the article.

9. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Yuk! Speaking of "audience intelligence", if viewers were really intelligent, these sleazy marketing-driven methods would not work, and most commercials wouldn't work either since most contain almost nothing but pretty music and videos and no factual content relevant to the advertised product.

10. CybrFyre

CybrFyre Member

Mar 25, 2008
    the extension of recordings for live sports (& adjustment of times for subsequent programs) would be a killer feature

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk