Gotham 11/23/15 "The Son of Gotham"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Rob Helmerichs, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

Wow, I actually like Brucie! Who'd have ever thunk it? :D

2. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    That was a good scam Bruce and Cat pulled on Silver.

If Penguin's guy was tailing Galavan, why is Penguin screaming at Jim wanting to know where Galavan went? Shouldn't Penguin's guy still be tailing him?

3. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    It wasn't until halfway into the guy "questioning" Bruce that I realized that it was con but I wasn't sure if Bruce set it up or if Alfred did until the reveal.

I was also kicking myself for not realizing until this episode, what the Order of Dumas was in relation to previously published Batman stories and I missed the fact that Galavan's family name was Dumas.

4. jamesl

jamesl Active Member

Jul 12, 2012
  5. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...

Advertisements

Solid episode. So what did Galavan have on the former Mayor? Just threatened him and his family or something?

6. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    My guess is the former mayor was severely traumatized by Galavan and knows that if he testifies, there's nothing stopping Galavan and his cronies from kidnapping and traumatizing him again.

I thought it was kind of ludicrous that the case rested solely on the mayor's testimony and there wasn't any other evidence of any kind. I'd think the police would have done better investigative work than that.

7. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Well isn't that like any mob thing? If they get to the witness or whatnot the case falls apart

Really liking the Bruce story line FINALLY

8. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Was it a trial or just a preliminary hearing to hold him over for trial? I could have sworn someone said "grand jury." You know, the type of grand jury that meets in public, has a judge presiding, with the defense cross examining witnesses, etc.

Edit: Yep. At about 3-4 minutes, Dr. Girlfriend says that "Tomorrow, Aubrey James si going to go in front of the Grand Jury and testify that Theo Galavan kidnapped and tortured him."

9. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I caught that too and am assuming that it's a mistake and they really meant "Preliminary Hearing".

Not sure if it was a writing mistake or an actor mistake.

10. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    You KNOW better than to try to apply "actual world" reality to a fictional cesspool like Gotham. :) Maybe that was their "Grand Jury". Who knows? And moreover, who cares? :)