Got a Tivo for Xmas...

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by AzDave, Dec 30, 2005.

1. AzDave

AzDave New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    ...and here is what I have put on season pass so far:

South Park
    Arrested Development
    My Name Is Earl
    CSI
    Jeopardy!
    Family Guy

I've only had Tivo for a few days and I already love it. It's right up there with my iPod.

Tivo especially kicks ass for sports! Even SportsCenter. If you see a sweet play you don't have to wait for the next SportsCenter....just rewind and watch it again!

I know this is probably old news to most of you, and I know several people who have Tivo or some other DVR but having my own Tivo makes me realize just how awesome it is.

Just felt like sharing!

(I accidentally posted this on the "community meets..." forum originally....figured it belonged here)

2. jedinc

jedinc jedinc

Aug 28, 2005
    VA - USA
    Welcome Home!

3. teresa222

teresa222 New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    I here ya! Same here, I also got one for X-mas and I love it! I already have season passes on Farscape, Buffy, Angel, CSI- NY and Family Guy. Anybody have some tips for a newbie?

4. rkester

rkester a rkester says what?

Jan 10, 2005
    tulsa area,...
    Congrats and welcome to TV on your schedule!

Read the forums, tons of tips, hints, info, chat, etc. We are a lively bunch here. :)

5. Nfuego

Nfuego Finally-My ugly mug

Sep 27, 2004
    Springfield,...
    More Season Passes!

6. ThreeSoFar

ThreeSoFar FourNow...WaitFive

May 24, 2002
    Baltimore
    Nice!

how big a TiVo? Upgrades are pretty easy to do-it-yourself. (google Hinsdale HOWTO)

7. AnotherWin95

AnotherWin95 Registered TiVo User

Dec 12, 2004
    Jacksonville...
    Welcome to TCF and the land of TiVo. I joined last year and this site has been the best resource of all.

You will never watch TV the same way again!

8. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
  9. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I got to Tivo for christmas too! Wheeeee!
    We have Lost, Smallville, Simpson, Family Guy and Monk on season pass so far and I am learning as I go.
    This message board has been a big help and the tips from a veteren to a newbie was a great help. Wonderful!
    What will be really fun is that becuase my husband has to work this weekend - and I don't - I will know more than him about the tivo! haha! I get to show him how it all works.
    Thanks you all!!

Hey threesofar! Nice to see another Baltimoron here!

10. ThreeSoFar

ThreeSoFar FourNow...WaitFive

May 24, 2002
    Baltimore
    Welcome to the TiVolution! You'll never go back.

Same here. How big is your TiVo (hours)? Let me know if you need a hand upgrading.

11. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets TCF Bookie

Jul 12, 2005
    East Hell
    For what it's worth, if you see a good play on SportsCenter don't worry...you'll see it at least 5 or 6 more times in the same episode...in between the 35 minutes of Tony Dungy coverage...

You need a Season Pass for The Office, by the way...

12. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Ours is a 40 hr one. And, I KNOW I will be wanting an upgrade, but maybe not till we learn how to use it and treat it right. Thanks for the offer of assistance. This really is a great message board!