got a new wireless N adapter, now seeing "DVR has no recordings"

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by dkh7m, Oct 16, 2011.

1. dkh7m

dkh7m New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    i recently moved my tv and tivo from the bedroom (wired ethernet connection) to the living room (no ethernet). so i picked up an official tivo wireless n adapter to solve my connectivity issue. everything seemed fine at first, but today i tried to transfer a show from my downstairs tivo (wired ethernet connection) and got a message saying "Downstairs DVR has no recordings".

i read that the problem might be with the 5GHz wireless, so i switched the tivo adapter to 2.4GHz network. same issue. tried resetting both tivos' network settings and rebooting. no dice.

anyone know how to fix this? T.I.A.!

2. MC Hammer

MC Hammer New Member

Jul 28, 2011
    What type of router do you have?

3. dkh7m

dkh7m New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    my main router is the netgear N600 (WNDR3400) B/G/N dual-band. connected to that i have a linksys 5-port switch which is what the downstairs tivo connects to. upstairs the tivo connects to the N600 via the aforementioned tivo wireless N adapter.

previously, the upstairs tivo was wired to a linksys WRT54G wireless router that was acting as an access point. never had any trouble w/ show xfers.

last week before the tivo adapter arrived, i had the upstairs tivo connected to the network via a linksys powerline adapter (that runs ethernet via the AC lines in the house). that also worked. i may actually go back to that if the wireless continues to have issues.