Gossip Girl 2/06/2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by marrone, Feb 7, 2012.

1. marrone

marrone Phased Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Melbourne, FL
    Ok, so Georgina is not GG after all. I thought that was a stretch, but at least it confirmed my suspicions that she "took over". Whether GG allowed her to is unclear (although Georgina hinted that she needed to keep it going, so I'm going to assume GG got run over by a truck or something). The GG narration, though, doesn't seem to confirm it's now Georgina, as far as I can tell. I can only assume she's planning a comeback.
    I still wouldn't mind knowing how Georgina got GG's website & database of phone numbers, etc.

But I'm still confused about Luis. I still think he's not revealing everything (which, I guess, is par for the course of the show). I can't see him chasing someone down halfway across the world just to rope someone into being a pseudo princess.

And what's with the dowry? Is that even legal to have a pre-nump with a clause like that? Corporate mergers, yes (think AT&T and T-Mobile). But that's not a marriage.
    I'll assume the penalty for divorce within that first year has to be in the 8 digit range, at least. I just don't see how that's legal. Or is this one of those things we're just supposed to overlook?

-Mike

2. su719

su719 Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Why can't Blair just publicly shame Luis and act out to bring a bad taste to the royalty of Monaco for blackmailing her. That would cause way more problems then they could buy there way out of and could cause them to lose the crown that they have. In this day and age in a western country a monarch is really only kept as long as the people like it.

3. marrone

marrone Phased Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Melbourne, FL
    They could publicize the pre-nump. I do believe those are public record anyway. That would give credence to Blair's case. Although, if it is indeed legal to have a clause like that (any divorce lawyers reading this?) it might cause humiliation but nothing else. Blair's mom would still owe the money.
    If that's the culture that Luis comes from, then their country wouldn't mind, since it's par for the course. It might embarrass them in the US, but that's it.

It's amazing how we're rooting for the princess who has caused so much misery to people in the past herself!

-Mike