Gossip Girl 1/30/2012 *MAJOR SPOILER IN FIRST POST*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by marrone, Feb 3, 2012.

1. marrone

marrone Phased Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Melbourne, FL
    Yeah, I know spoilers are allowed in episode threads, but I wanted to call attention to it just in case.

Revealing Georgina as Gossip Girl just doesn't sit right with me. That has to be a ruse, don't you think? It wasn't the series finale (I would think they'd wait until then, if they do it at all). She's been in and out of the picture all series; I can't see how she'd have enough contact with the area to be able to perform her duties. That's assuming, of course, GG is indeed one person. Although she does fit the profile (I HATE the Georgina character, btw...I was hoping she'd been gone the first time, but like a wart, she keeps coming back).
    Me thinks Georgina either hacked the site (since GG did disappear; after all, it was already hacked once) or she's being employed by GG to work in her place for a while. Or something like that.

Anyone ever do a voice analysis of GG and Georgina?

Speaking of "not adding up", what's the deal with Blair and the now bi-polar Prince:

1. I can't see him flying across the pond and putting up with all of Blair's hyjinx just to get a pretty face for a princess. There should be plenty in his own country.

2. He didn't seem the "I'm the prince and you will do what I say" type in all the previous episodes. Yes, he got annoyed with Blair a few times, but heh, who wouldn't?

3. Blair has a very strong personality and doesn't like getting pushed around. Did he really think he'd be able to do that to her and Blair tolerate it? He seems smarter than that. I'm sure there are plenty of bimbos in his own country who would have loved to be in Blair's place with those "rules".

Although an entertaining episode, it just doesn't make sense. What do y'all think?

-Mike

2. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Georgina is GG, the producers confirmed it. Here's an article about it that may clarify some things for you.

Also, Kristin Bell does the voiceover so a voice analysis would do you no good.

3. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    This show has been a train wreck and hasn't made sense since the end of the first season.

Why would you expect it to start now?

4. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    I agree with your assent on who GG is.. But if the producers really say it's Georgina, then I guess it is.

That's kinda disappointing IMMO.

5. Squeak

Squeak Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 12, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ah, so it was not really her this whole time. Didn't make any sense.

Good to know it was only Georgina in the last coulpe of weeks playing GG.

6. marrone

marrone Phased Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Melbourne, FL
    You might want to spoiler that. That was not in this episode.

-Mike

7. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    :up: