GOP Presidental debate on Fox News August 11

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by sieglinde, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Aug 3, 2011 #1 of 13
    sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    This has not shown up in Tribune yet but Fox News will be broadcasting a GOP Presidential debate on August 11th at 8pm CDT, 9 pm EDT, 6 pm PDT. The debate is 2 hours long and will have these nine candidates who are in the Iowa Straw Poll.
    The candidates listed on the ballot for the Aug. 13 straw poll are: Michele Bachmann, Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich, Jon Huntsman, Thaddeus McCotter, Ron Paul, Tim Pawlenty, Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum. Those with less than 1% in a national poll will not be invited.

Wait!!! I just read that list hoping to see Gary Johnson and who the heck is Thaddeus McCotter?

2. Aug 4, 2011 #2 of 13
    MeInDallas

MeInDallas Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    Sure do wish Rick Perry was gonna be in this one! Would make it really interesting!

3. Aug 4, 2011 #3 of 13
    Grimm1

Grimm1 Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Stanton, CA
    I read that Romney is skipping the Iowa Straw Poll....I wonder if that means he will not be invited to the debate.

4. Aug 6, 2011 #4 of 13
    sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I found that announcement by Romney. Weird for a front runner but then again the Iowa Straw Poll can be weird. You would think he would want face-time at least. This debate is next Thursday and Tribune has not mentioned it yet.

5. Aug 7, 2011 #5 of 13
    unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    He's the guy Maddow shows clips of playing guitar.:)

On guitar he's not bad.

He's a congresscritter from farther north than his name and playing style would have lead* me to suspect.

*edit: that should, of course, have been "would lead" or would have led", but obviously I had lead for brains when I first typed it.

I'm neither dyslexic nor illiterate. Wish I could say the same for my keyboard.

6. Aug 7, 2011 #6 of 13
    sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaddeus_McCotter

Born in Michigan. Interesting. He has to have a certain percentage in national polling to be in the debate. It sounds like he probably won't be in it. Be aware, the video is full of puns. :)
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3yVGC6bN5w[/media]

7. Aug 7, 2011 #7 of 13
    sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    The list of participants will be finalized on Tuesday but here is a more recent list.
    Mitt Romney, Michele Bachmann, Tim Pawlenty, Ron Paul, Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, and Jon Huntsman

Doesn't look like Romney is skipping this.

8. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    This finally did show up in my guide last night (DirecTV).

9. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Never did show up in my guide. For those interested, the Ames Iowa Strawpoll is on MSNBC in Tribune. It is at 3 PDT. Do your figuring appropriately. This will be all the candidates in the straw poll giving 15 minute stump speech. The theory is, since it is a national audience, we may hear their planned campaign for beyond the primary process.

10. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    My Ron Paul wishlist caught a few shows on CSPAN, IIRC. (for the future days that is)

11. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Maybe not appropriate, but too funny to pass up. John Scalzi on the debate:
    :D

12. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    LOL!!! Seriously though, that will be an issue.

I watched some of the coverage for the Straw Poll that was weird. Also I am miffed that even though I have been in Iowa in August, I don't think I ever went to the state fair.

13. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    Please stop using the Season Pass Alert forum as a discussion thread.