Google Maps on Tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by MPAC, Dec 8, 2006.

1. MPAC

MPAC New Member

Nov 14, 2006

Advertisements

Does anyone have the Google Maps add-in for TiVo? I cannot find it on the web anymore.

2. gonzotek

gonzotek tivo_xml developer

Sep 24, 2004
    Outside...
    The maps api has changed a few times since the TiVo maps interface program was released. I don't have a copy handy at the moment, but even if I did, it would need to be updated by someone to use the current api....hopefully someone will do that some day. I really liked having the maps on my tv, and it impressed our guests to be able to zoom in on their houses and such.

3. apps-tv

apps-tv apps.tv for hme apps

Sep 8, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    I took a quick look at whipping up a map application but it looks like Google doesn't want any use outside of websites.

http://www.google.com/apis/maps/faq.html#faq6

6 Can I use Google Maps in my non-Web application?

No. The Google Maps API is currently available only for websites.

7 Can I put Google Maps on my site without using the API? Can I access the Maps and Satellite images directly?

No, the Maps API is the only way you can put Google Maps on your website. You may not access Google Maps or the satellite images through any other mechanism. We will block your applicationÂ’s access to the imagery if your application accesses it outside of the API.

Note also that only by using the API can you ensure that your application will continue to work as we make changes to Google Maps.