Good Eats is ending ...

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by secondclaw, May 14, 2011.

1. secondclaw

secondclaw Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Florida
  2. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    There have been so few new episodes recently, and even the reruns have been way down in frequency, that I figured this was inevitable.

3. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    I used to watch it all the time but had to stop because it always gave me the munchies. To bad to see it go.

4. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    I wonder when they're going to cancel Man vs. Food. Another food show that hasn't had new episodes in ages.

5. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    I think they're waiting for the host to have a BM. With all he eats, I imagine his digestion is somewhat irregular.

6. lambertman

lambertman Incrediburgible

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    MvF comes back in June, but renamed Man v Food Nation. Adam's not tackling the challenges anymore (for his own health, no doubt).

7. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Huh. I thought it had ended already.

8. pops_porter

pops_porter Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Minnesota
    I wasn't sure if the show was officially over either. Sad to see it go, but I have two episodes sitting on the Tivo now and had noticed fewer and fewer time slots for repeats of the shows. I've seen many of them but I'm sure there are many I've missed!

9. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    According to the St Pete Times: "The new season of the show will be less about the challenges and more about getting the locals' favorites and recommendations about a particular city."

Sounds like a clone of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. Even that show is having problems. You have no doubt noticed that Guy Fieri is only visiting two of the three locations per episode, while they're only sending the film crew to the third location, presumably to save money.

10. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    M v. F without the challenges is like a dozen other shows already on the air. I like Adam but I certainly won't go out of my way to watch.

11. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    Wife and I love Good Eats. I tivo'ed a lot of them and then put on a DVD. We have tried a lot of his ways of cooking things. Plus he is so interesting to watch.

12. tem

tem Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2003
    I think I've seen just about every episode. It, along with Molto Mario, was what got me into cooking about 6-7 years ago.

Thanks, Alton !

13. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I posted this in the Season Pass Alerts forum, but for those who might not go there:

The last episode of Good Eats is airing on Food Network on Friday, February 10 at 8:00pm. An existing Season Pass for the show won't catch this episode as it's entitled "Good Eats: Turn on the Dark" and is one hour long.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/good-eats/turn-on-the-dark/index.html

14. Hank

Hank AC•FTW TCF Club

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    great, thanks!

15. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    I always thought this show was on auto pilot re-run mode for years.

We used to catch it regularly early on, but then drifted as other shows took over on that channel.

I'm sure FN will still rerun it for several more years.

16. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    They've actually started running it on Cooking Channel, so my guess is after this final episode it probably won't be on FN anymore.

17. Wilhite

Wilhite ...no stinkin' title

Oct 26, 2003

Hank likes this.
  18. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    During the "Eat Your Science" tour AB mentioned that GE would be making a comeback as an online show. Glad to see it's moving forward!

19. jamesl

jamesl Active Member

Jul 12, 2012
    has he given up eating healthy ?

I know after he went on his diet there were times when he would make something or visit a restaurant to try the food but you never saw him actually eat the food

he'd pick up the food and the next shot would show him chewing. but you'd never see the food actually go in his mouth

20. Drewster

Drewster Connoisseur

Oct 26, 2000
    SoCal
    He's gained back some weight, I think particularly after the divorce.