1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goliath (Amazon) series thread *spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TIVO_GUY_HERE, Oct 14, 2016.

1. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I didn't know anything about this, other than it's another lawyer takes on.. well Goliath. It is shot amazingly well, and Billy Bob Thornton is great as always.

Supporting cast: William Hurt, Maria Bello, Molly Parker good as well, their characters not that developed yet ( i'm only into episode 3)

8 episodes.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    markymark_ctown likes this.
  2. osu1991

osu1991 Active Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Oklahoma
    Had some friends tell me about this earlier today. I'm through episode 2. first was a little slow, but I was distracted a lot for that hour, so could have just been me

3. TIVO_GUY_HERE

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Well I finished it. Was ok. If wasn't for Thornton and Parker, I probably would have bailed.

4. Hcour

Hcour Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Watched it this weekend. I enjoyed it. Underdog BBT taking on villain Hurt, both of them superb, natch. I like that there wasn't your typical trial "big moment" and that Billy struggled to make his case. Good show.

5. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    I finished it today and really enjoyed it. The ending (last shot) has me confused. Hope it's not what I think it is.

If they ever decide to do a movie about Steve Jobs last days, I nominate (no pun intended) William Hurt.

6. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    If they hadn't had a previous scene where he jumped into the ocean, I would have considered it an unambiguous suicide. Given that it's repetitive behavior, I choose to believe that we have been shown that a dip in the sea is his cleansing ritual.

7. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    I'm almost done. Just bumping it to give others a nod to watch if they need something new over the holidays. I was pleasantly surprised and ended up really enjoying it.

8. MacThor

MacThor Not Pictured

Feb 7, 2002
    Richmond VA
    We just binged it over the holidays. Enjoyed it, though the ending was kind of anti-climactic.

Alex from Lost sure grew up, huh?

9. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    Just started watching this last night, with BBT being the hook. Good start....Looking forward to the rest.

10. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I watched this, and I mostly liked it, but I thought the cases on both ends were not convincing and could have done a better job of writing. The characters were good.

11. TIVO_GUY_HERE

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Picked up for season 2. So far only Billy Bob is attached to it.

jr461 and Martha like this.
  12. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    Finally finished it. Didn't binge so it took a long time. Not bad and I'm glad there is a Season 2.

13. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I just finished episode 4. Wow, this is good.

14. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Finished it this morning. I thought it was very good. My main issue was that Cooperman was too much of a cartoon villain.

I hope the Hooker didn't kill herself.

15. BlueMerle

BlueMerle Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Just binged this, really enjoyed it... a lot. BBT was superb as was most of the cast. I agree that Cooperman was a bit of a cartoon villain but still played well by WH.

I enjoyed the cinematography and the sets as much as the story itself. The contrast between Cooperman's office and the rest of the firm was striking. Then there was the flop house that BBT lived and worked out of. I was almost mesmerized by the courtroom.

I saw the mouse coming. I knew she was going to be used and discarded. I didn't see her coming to the hospital after the stroke... I think it further humanized her character.

The hooker was a surprise. And when she was waiting by the car after her testimony I expected BBT to 'give her a break'... I'm glad he didn't.

16. frombhto323

frombhto323 Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Just finished this. Good legal procedural that BBT carried a lot of the way, though there were other exceptional portrayals, such at Parker's. I also liked that each side ran into several pitfalls in making and presenting their respective cases, just as it is in real life. Glad to know it has been renewed for a second season.

17. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Bump...Season 2 starts June 15th.

jsmeeker likes this.
  18. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Nice

19. Malcontent

Malcontent Aka: Smiling Bob

Sep 4, 2004
    Season 2 now is now available.

20. MacThor

MacThor Not Pictured

Feb 7, 2002
    Richmond VA
    And it's awful.
    I can't think of another show that fell so far from it's first to second season. There are some good parts, yes - and I kind of liked the ending.
    But a lot of the acting outside the main cast is dismal, or at least the dialogue they're given sucks. The detective gets in a b-slappy fight with his best friend (who through 4 episodes we have no idea what he does; I thought he was also a cop) that's just comically bad. I could go on, but I just don't have the energy.