Goldbergs and Conners 9-16

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by HarleyRandom, Sep 18, 2020.

1. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2015

Advertisements

I'm not sure where to post this, but my Series 3 claimed it recorded these two shows. I don't know what I ended up with but it wasn't these shows.

I was double-checking the end because sometimes the end gets cut off. I actually saw the "Goldbergs" episode earlier in the week when I finally got around to watching the recording from when it first aired.

2. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    There was a Trump town hall on ABC from 9 to 10:30 eastern. The Connors aired at 10:30 eastern.

3. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015
    Not Tuesday. Wednesday.

4. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    Yes, I just realized I had the wrong day.

5. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002

Advertisements

What do you mean you don't know what you ended up with? Can't you look at the recording and see what it was?

Neither of those shows are back with original episodes yet, BTW.

6. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002
    Also, do you have Suggestions on? It may have recorded a repeat episode as a suggestion, and you may find it in that folder.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

7. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015
    If I wanted to watch all thirty minutes, sure, I guess. Maybe sooner or later they'd tell me what it was. I couldn't see anything obvious to tell me what I had recorded. It started in the middle.

8. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015
    Again, "The Goldbergs" did not record. The Series 3 claimed it did, but I don't know who these people were or what they were doing.

9. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002
    According to what I see online for next-day ratings, ABC on Wednesday night showed:

The Goldbergs (repeat) 8pm EDT
    The Conners (repeat) 8:30pm EDT
    Notre-Dame: Our Lady of Paris 9pm EDT

TiVo's guide data is notoriously inaccurate, especially during Covid and rerun season when shows are frequently moved and added at the last minute.

10. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    It is now too late to look back at Wednesday, but in the future when this happens you can check the last 24 hours on a site like this Gracenote schedule grid.

Or, historical listings are available on The Futon Critic, for example:
    [new for Wednesday 9/16]
    That tells me that ABC aired a 2-hour special about the Paris Notre Dame cathedral. Is that what you might have caught the tail end of?

11. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002
    You can also look at next-day or weekly ratings to see what aired a few days earlier.

12. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015
    That sounds like it might be it. There were a bunch of men in a historic looking building.