God Friended Me - Season Two thread *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by astrohip, Sep 29, 2019.

1. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Our favorite freshman show from last year returns tonight. Here's hoping the writers & actors can keep the magic going.

Here is the Season One thread.

2. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I'm not sold on what's going on so far this season. Joy seems okay but it all felt so disconnected in this episode for me. Are they trying to phase out Cara or just separate their stories or will they all be back together in a couple of episodes? I guess we'll see!

3. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I felt pretty good about it. They need to do something to keep it fresh, and bringing in a different "God Friended Me" does that. Gives Miles a chance to play on the other side.

Don't think they'll break up Miles & Cara. They spent a year working to get them together. Breaking them up would invalidate the entire first season.

4. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I haven't done a deep dive on this but my suspicion since the Season 1 finale has been that at least part of the Paris storyline was due to Violett Beane's availability.

Before getting the GFM gig, Beane was recurring on another Greg Berlanti show, portraying
    Jessie Quick/
    Jessie Wells on The Flash.

The Berlanti CW Superhero shows are doing a massive crossover this fall and I'm thinking that they may bring back Beane's character for this crossover.

If I'm right, they would have needed to shake Beane free for a few episodes in order to fly to Vancouver and shoot the necessary scenes for The Flash (and possibly other shows).
    (I don't think she'd have time to say hello to Jared and Jensen.)

On this episode, Joy is basically a substitute until Cara gets back but she's working out ok (at least until they find her daughter).
    Still, it was interesting seeing Miles being almost jealous that Joy was getting the suggestions and not him.

The questions raised about the God account are also intriguing.

photoshopgrl likes this.
  5. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    That makes sense. I didn't realize she was on another show!

6. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    Solid first episode. I didn't realize how much I missed it until we watched it.

7. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Agree. I was a little worried about a sophomore slump, especially since this series has such a unique plot. But the writers have managed to keep the magic going.

Joy is growing on me.

photoshopgrl likes this.
  8. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I was enJOYing the new character, but it seems she's already gone. Liked the new twists she brought to the story.

Loved it when Cara and Miles admitted that neither knows what Rakesh does.

9. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    I’m betting she is back for some pivotal story. Maybe the season ender.

10. RickyL

RickyL valar morghulis

Sep 13, 2004
    Indianapolis
    It sure seemed like a goodbye to a long term character...sort of weird.

photoshopgrl likes this.