GoBack Alerts

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by MasterOfPuppets, Jan 17, 2006.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets TCF Bookie

Jul 12, 2005
    East Hell

Advertisements

When using GoBack to send from my PC to my Tivo I get notices stating that some upcoming shows will be deleted in a couple days...
    These are shows that will not yet be recorded for a couple days...I'm wondering why Tivo is telling me that they will be deleted after 2 days??? There is plenty of room left on my hard drive...the show that I transferred was only 50 minutes long...
    They were all shows on my SP list, which are all set to save until space is needed...

2. supersportsfan

supersportsfan New Member

Sep 15, 2005
    From what I have seen, I think TiVo adds up the hours, and sees that you will not have room left on your unit at the time it tells you it will be deleted...based on the assumption that you will not delete anything from your now playing list up until that point...hope this makes sense.

3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets TCF Bookie

Jul 12, 2005
    East Hell
    It makes sense...but that's kind of a "stupid" feature to be on a supposedly intuitive device like Tivo...I mean, there's a lot of stuff on the To Do List...if I didn't delete anything, obviously it'd fill up quick, no need to alert me...
    Anyway, thanks for the answer...

4. HDTiVo

HDTiVo Not so Senior Member

Nov 27, 2002
    TiVo does some odd stuff. I have seen it threaten to delete early programs to be recorded one week hence when what I transfer/record will be kept only two days.

5. saramj

saramj New Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Jersey

Advertisements

The TiVo does not look at hard drive space necessarily. It looks mostly at when programs are scheduled to record and when they will be deleted, depending on what your settings are.