GLOW Season 3 All Season Thread (SPOILERS, NATCH...)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Regina, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    I am on episode 8 and I must say I am LOVING this season!

"Freaky Tuesday" was a lot of fun. Betty Gilpin did a great Zoya!

Any show with a Passover Seder is ok by me. And it led to a truly touching moment. I teared up a little bit.

Loved that episode 7 was directed by Alison Brie-great job! Poor Sam-he can't help himself (literally)

Love "Tex" (aka JJ) - loved him in "Halt and Catch Fire" and he's terrific here too.

Oh, and I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Bash-well, he's a bit of a d*ck, but I love the actor-I am pretty sure I posted this before but I am still salty that

they killed his character off of "Private Practice!

So is anyone else watching? Thoughts?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  2. The Spud

The Spud Rather be cruising TCF Club

Aug 27, 2002
    Kent, WA
    I just finished watching Season 3. I was mostly meh for the season, but I loved the final episode.

3. Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    Whenever I see him all I can think is that he is the Wiz and nobody can beat him.

(Seinfeld reference for those who have no clue as to what I am talking about)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Regina likes this.
  4. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    O-M-GOSH! Just watched "The Libertines" and WOW!

When Rhonda and Bash had the "Devil's Triangle" with the male prostitute (don't remember his name) that was sooooooooooooo hot! When Bash FINALLY gave in to his (IMHO) true self and kissed that hot man, I was SCREAMING, "YESSSSS!!!!" I hope he finds his true self-I mean, yes, Rhonda will be hurt, but better to find out now. Yes, I know these aren't real people, but I am invested! :p

And Bobby Barnes-oh, my heart breaks for him-he puts on this extravagant showcase every year and they raised all that money for AIDS and then some ******* sets the place on fire and paints unspeakable graffiti outside. :mad::mad::mad:

markymark_ctown likes this.
  5. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Just finished the season last night. Very good, really enjoyed it. I didn't like the final scene between Ruth and Debbie. Ruth was kind of a dick. Why would Ruth crap on Debbie's plan and turn down that opportunity? She should have taken the opportunity to get involved in running the station, directing shows, and she still could have tried to get her acting career off the ground. In fact, she could have cast herself in something she was directing. Seemed really shortsighted by a character who is usually pretty smart.

I was soooo glad when Shiela threw her nasty fur outfit and wig into the fire. That was so disgusting. Plus it was nice to see her character growing and coming out from behind the wall she had built.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019 at 2:22 PM
  6. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    We watched this season over the last week. I enjoyed it since there was more character development and less rasslin’. :)

Seems like it could be wrapped up as a series or explore the new television station development if they decide to continue.

7. jcondon

jcondon Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2003
    I agree that Ruth should have used the TV station/director as an opportunity. Wouldn't it be better for a would be actor to be in LA and on TV then in Vegas or wherever not being seen?

I think Debbie was the dick though. She crapped on Ruth's dream. She pretty much said you are never going to be an actor so should be thrilled I am giving you a good job. She was already hurt that Sam and Justine didn't give her the role in Justine's movie.

Debbie was sort of dismissed by Tex when she mentioned being his business partner and he dismissed her. She was pissed and off at him and saw an opportunity to further her career. She was banking on Ruth and Carmen helping her with the TV station/wrestling show. Both decided to follow their dreams. Even though I do agree with you Ruth probably would have been better off doing the director thing in LA while still looking for a 'serious' acting role. Perhaps Carmen will have some guest appearances still and bring some legitimacy to Glow's wresting show.

Wish there was a touch more wrestling this season but maybe next if there is a next.