Glee "The First Time" - OAD 11/8/11 **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by That Don Guy, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Nov 9, 2011 #1 of 15
    That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Oh look, there's the "blue slushie" "Viewer Discretion Advised" screen - they only break that out when something "really adult" is going to happen...

I figured there wouldn't be much of the actual production of West Side Story actually aired, and it would consist almost entirely of New Directions/Troubletones members (after all, supposedly they are the only ones who can sing) and some random dancers which may or may not have included the pretty much obligatory SYTYCD finalist (although the choreography was a bit watered down), but did they have to stage the movie version of "America"? (Well, yes, they did, mainly because the stage version doesn't include any men. Also, by giving the Jets some of the lines, that's more regular cast members that can have solo lines in the song.) If they wanted a song with "the guys," they could have done the Jets song or "Gee, Officer Krupke".

The Warblers are back - I wonder if they'll remember that Dalton Academy and McKinley are in the same Show Choir "section" (so sectionals "should be" New Directions, The Troubletones, and The Warblers)?

Saying M*****bation on Glee? Not a problem.
    Saying it on American Dad (which is also TV-14)? Not happening.

It seems that the two big questions now are:
    (a) Was Brittany's first time a rape or wasn't it, and
    (b) Did they or didn't they?
    Oh, wait - this is Glee - they can retcon these like they retconned Tina's stuttering.

2. Nov 9, 2011 #2 of 15
    jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    A) I am trying to remember Brittany's exact line. Was it something about forgetting the guy's name?
    B) Did who? Finn and Rachel and Blaine and Kurt?

3. Nov 9, 2011 #3 of 15
    LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Sectionals in many school competitions are randomly selected from within the region. So yes, the Warblers would be one of the schools they could possibly compete against, along with the other schools they've competed against in the past (Haverbrook Deaf Choir, Vocal Adrenaline, Aural Intensity) and other schools we have yet to see.

There was a line from Will Schuster in one of the past episodes referencing "drawing" certain teams for the sectionals competition, which would tend to confirm that.

Now, the elephant in the room that they have yet to address this season is the minimum number of performers rule that they've noted in the past. I don't think either the Troubletones or the New Directions have sufficient performers for the rule at this point.

4. Nov 9, 2011 #4 of 15
    jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    they can just change to rule for it to fit the plot. :)

5. Nov 9, 2011 #5 of 15
    That Don Guy

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Brittany said something about "alien invasion," I think.
    Yes, and yes.

6. Nov 9, 2011 #6 of 15
    jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    ahh.. yes... Alien invasion... hmm... I dunno.. She is a little odd, so who knows.

Yes.. I think both of the couples did it.

7. Nov 9, 2011 #7 of 15
    Satchel

Satchel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    I saw an interview with the actor who plays Kurt this week in which he referenced both couples finally doing it...

8. Nov 9, 2011 #8 of 15
    Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    This was an okay episode. I liked the West Side Story stuff (even if I have never seen it). Sue was not in the episode and Mr. Schu was barely there. I liked the stuff with Coach Beast.

9. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I liked the guys at the bar. Especially when Kurt got up on the dance floor and scrunched in between Blaine and the other warbler guy. It was also interesting to see the gay football player there. "a teddy bear". Oh yeah.

10. Drewster

Drewster Connoisseur

Oct 26, 2000
    SoCal
    Was Mercedes in the episode at all?

11. jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    nope

12. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    What happened to the other fat girl?

13. jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    same place as trouty mouth.

14. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Lauren Zizes (played by Ashley Fink) was mostly written out at the beginning of the season. She appeared briefly in the first episode to announce that she wasn't going to be in New Directions anymore.

15. That Don Guy

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    She's in the audience during "America" - that's it. That's still more air time than Sue got.

Also, apparently the Tufts Beelzebubs didn't do the background vocals for "Uptown Girl" as they did for all of the Warblers songs last season.