Glee, "Sexy", OAD 3/8/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Tyrannosullyrex, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Mar 8, 2011 #1 of 42
    Tyrannosullyrex

Tyrannosullyrex New Member

Oct 6, 2004

Advertisements

A great song ruined by Gwyneth Paltrow.

2. Mar 8, 2011 #2 of 42
    firerose818

firerose818 Now 65 pounds less! TCF Club

Jul 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    I really enjoyed the episode. I actually felt a little bad for Santana. :eek: At least for a minute.

They did a *great* job with "Landslide," I thought. But the Warblers' version of "Animal" was too bubble gum pop sounding, and not sexy at all.

3. Mar 8, 2011 #3 of 42
    Tyrannosullyrex

Oct 6, 2004
    Overall the episode was pretty great, but Gwyneth contributes not alot, I only say that because I'm a Prince fan.

Santana and Brittney were great throughout.

The tiny bit of Afternoon Delight got a large LOL from me.

Mike O'Malley does rule though.

4. Mar 8, 2011 #4 of 42
    gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I can't believe I used to love Afternoon Delight!

5. Mar 8, 2011 #5 of 42
    Tyrannosullyrex

Oct 6, 2004

Advertisements

It's about a dessert!!

6. Mar 8, 2011 #6 of 42
    jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    This episode was great!

Loves me some Gwyneth Paltrow. Thought she was great in this episode.

Brittany talking about the stork?? LOL. So awesome. But then they get pretty serious about Brit an Santana. Was a little surprised by that. That was always a "tee hee. they are 'lesbians' " story line in the past.

Sweet Valley High reference? Excellent.

7. Mar 9, 2011 #7 of 42
    Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I must have not been into it tonight because I don't get the love for the episode. There were a few good moments and I really liked Landslide.

It just seems to me like instead of writing a plot and then picking the songs to go with the plot they pick a theme for the songs and then slap some situations around them. Last episode was songs about drinking. This episode was songs about sex. I've just been disappointed as it seems the show has lost part of it's heart.

8. Mar 9, 2011 #8 of 42
    MarkofT

MarkofT ****

Jul 27, 2001
    Where Texas...
    I thought it was mentioned during the last season that they setup the songs around a theme and then write the script to match.

9. Mar 9, 2011 #9 of 42
    JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Too much information for a family site :)

10. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I liked it... I didn't think she ruined any of the songs, tho she's not a great singer. :) Poor Puck is gonna DIE if he ever gets into that girl's pants.

Did Sam actually confess something during Landslide? They kind of glossed over it, but he told the guy Artie that he wished he was friends with Artie like their girlfriends were friends with each other? That was kind of a weird thing to say.

11. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    It wasn't odd at all. He was just being his usual dumb self. It was funny.

12. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    His dumb comes off as Einsteiny compared to Brit. :)

13. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    In a way I am glad that they have moved that beyond the Santana & Brittney are just experimenting phase. Santana has always shown to see sex and love as too different items.

I think more than half the episodes are a "theme" whether it is blatent or not. However, it did feel that last year had more of a cohesive story line (Quinn's pregency, Rachael & Finn & Quinn & Puck) than this year. The only major theme this year has been Kurt's struggles (being harassed, trying to fall in love). I wonder if they will try and weave Santana's in to this story line.

Overall I liked this episode, but I had to tell my 11YO that he does not get to watch this episode (maybe next week's).

Poor Karl, 4 months and no sex! (I could say, welcome to married life, get used to is, but I won't) :eek:

So have they set Holly to come back on a regular basis?

14. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    :up:
    "The Talk" with Kurt was absolutely wonderful and expressed exactly the message that parents need to convey IMO.
    I wish someone had spoken to me this way.

15. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    +1

I don't either. I was thinking most of it was a trainwreck.
    I'm at the point that Matt Morrison annoys me so much I have to do my best not to fast forward thru any song he sings.

16. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Probably the best scene in the whole episode. I also liked Landslide. Other than that? Not so much.

17. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    I have a feeling that was the object - they're trying to show that The Warblers aren't particularly sexy.
    According to the Fox press release for next week's episode, one of the judges at Regionals is a nun. If both Aural Intensity and The Warblers try to "sex it up" under the impression that they think New Directions is doing the same thing, that pretty much leaves the door open for ND to win.

(I still think the season is going to end up (a) New Directions wins Regionals, (b) Kurt (and possibly Blaine) transfer back to McKinley, (c) they compete in Nationals, and (d) just before they announce the results, "somebody points out" that there's a rule that prevents anybody from singing in two different choirs in the same school year, so ND is disqualified, and, (e) as a result, they are replaced on the national tour that's part of the prize by the cast of some TV show, but the entire northwestern and southeastern parts of the country are so outraged by this that they cancel those performances. (Seriously, the farthest north the tour goes in the western half of the country is Sacramento, and, outside of southern California and Las Vegas, the farthest south the tour gets is Chicago.))
    "Starland Vocal Band? They suck!" - Homer Simpson

It was.

I also noticed that, while Glee has been rated TV-14 every week, apparently they were "serious" this week, as it finally got its own Fox "Viewer Discretion Advised" screens (for those of you who missed it, it appears to be a blank screen onto which somebody (from "behind the camera") throws a couple of blue Slushies, turning the screen light blue). If the Super Bowl episode didn't get parents with younger kids to turn off the show, this one probably did.

-- Don

18. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    +10000 I cannot stand him. The character is annoying and the more people swoon over him the more I want to vomit at the site. :thumbsdown:

19. hpb

hpb 6 TiVos and counting

Sep 29, 2000
    Maumelle, AR
    No comment yet about Brittany's repeated comment ...
    That if she and Artie were to breakup then she would be with Santana. Now there is a new plot line for Santana to cause conflict between Artie and Brittany.

20. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I really loved the first season of Glee the shows were up beat and fun. Sue and Wil were fun to watch as they played off each other. This season is a total turn around. Sue has gone over the top and is a mean spirited ***** and as far as I am concerned can be left off the program. As for the shows themselves, they have taken on a few things that have changed the show. I dont like that they showcase the school where Kurt is going. I would rather them give more solos to the main glee club. The drinking and sex shows werent fun to watch as the shows last year. For what I thought was going to be a family show it has gotten into some serious adult themes. I guess they are hoping that the teens watching will start to talk about things they are seeing with their parents. Along those lines I think the talk Kurt and his dad had were the best part of the show. His dad really tries to understand what Kurt is going thru.