Glee - "Rumours" OAD 5/3/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TriBruin, May 4, 2011.

1. May 4, 2011 #1 of 48
    TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    That was another down episode.

I did like that they wrote a episode around a classic rock album, but the story last night was bad.

Santana & Brittney - I get it. Santana wants Brittney to love her. Guess what, just because you are in love with someone, doesn't mean they have to love you back! Get over it Santana! (Are Artie & Brittney now official broken up?)

Racheal/Finn/Quinn - So tired of this love triangle. Can Racheal please get a boyfriend and stop trying to steal Finn from Quinn?

April Rhodes - What was the point of her character tonight, just to add tension? What a waste of Kristin Chenoworth! (However, Kristin looked awful tonight. What happened to her face, too much plastic surgery maybe?)

I hope the trend that as episodes approach competitions (Nationals in a few weeks), the episodes get better.

Preview spoiler
    Next week is Prom. Wonder if the will change the King/Queen after the original King/Queen was revealed? And, Quinn slapping Racheal! Can we all join in?

2. May 4, 2011 #2 of 48
    Lori

Lori Social Defective

Feb 20, 2000
    Bowie, MD USA
    Man, we couldn't disagree more on Quinn--I can't stand her. I think that maybe she should have kept the boyfriend that she had rather than steal Rachel's.

If I were writing for this show, the scene that I want to see is Rachel saying to Finn, "I don't get it. We had a fight, and I kissed Puck. I told you about it and you broke up with me. Fine. But Quinn *had sex* with Puck while you were together, got pregnant and lied to you about it for months. She never came clean. You found out because I told you. And *her* you forgive?"

3. May 4, 2011 #3 of 48
    Lori

Lori Social Defective

Feb 20, 2000
    Bowie, MD USA
    I do agree that the episode was rather 'meh', though. :)

4. May 4, 2011 #4 of 48
    NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo TCF Club

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    Meh? MEH?!?!!? It was a waste. There was really no cohesive story.

They are writing sue more and more like a caricature of a caricature of a caricature.

Was there any resolution in this episode? Quinn's character became likeable at the end of season 1 and the whole club coming together. Now she is just there to give dirty looks and pout.

Why do people like her in the club and hate Rachel? Why would they like either one?

They can't seem to keep a character consistant from one episode to the next.

I don't even feel like the songs are as fresh as they were.

I'll ride it through but it's getting rough! :)

5. May 4, 2011 #5 of 48
    JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    I enjoyed it. I tend to avoid older music and was happy to remember that I like this album. I think if you're watching the show for cohesive plot you're always going to be disappointed, it's a series of setups, one liners and songs.

6. May 4, 2011 #6 of 48
    betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I enjoyed the songs. I am glad they used an album I am familiar with. I don't get the Sue thing anymore.

Quinn/Rachael/Finn - I got the feeling that Rachael was singing a goodbye/I'm finally over you song to Quinn last night. Maybe I am wrong.

The whole bit with Sam was interesting, but it seems instead of Rumors up on the board Will could have written "Communication". If they had talked things out it wouldn't have been so crazy.

Best scene was the cat eating out of the fondue pot!!

7. May 4, 2011 #7 of 48
    Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Its disappointing because it used to be a little bit better than that.

8. May 4, 2011 #8 of 48
    Lori

Lori Social Defective

Feb 20, 2000
    Bowie, MD USA
    Rachel is so not done with Finn. :)

9. May 4, 2011 #9 of 48
    betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I always get the feeling that he is one step away from getting back together with her.

10. Lori

Lori Social Defective

Feb 20, 2000
    Bowie, MD USA
    He is. And that's just the way the producers like it.

I don't have any spoilers or anything, but I predict a reunion before the end of the year.

11. flikhem

flikhem Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    Best line:
    "...legendary bratwurst gobbler April Rhodes..."

12. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Did Artie and Brittany break up?

I don't see how Sam is chummy enough with Kurt to let him in on the shameful secret of living in the motel. Didn't Kurt leave not long after Sam joined the Glee club.

13. FourFourSeven

FourFourSeven New Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Kind of a meh episode. Not much happened. Then they threw in the stuff about Trouty Mouth (forget the character's name) at the end, so everyone could sing and be happy.

That being said, Rumours is my absolute favorite album, and it was nice to know all the music!

14. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Not "officially," but I think they will by the end of the season (didn't Artie and Tina break up at the end of Season 1?); I think the producers and/or writers want to push "Brittana" (they have to justify that TV-14 rating and distance it from High School Musical somehow, I suppose).

My guess is...
    No, they won't - in fact, I still think that the whole "get mad at some extra for spoiling it and have the cast come in to shoot an alternative ending" incident is just the producers working the fans. I wouldn't be surprised if the "surprising" ending they mentioned in the previews isn't the slap but the announcement of who the King and Queen are.

Possible spoiler for the 5/17 episode:
    The only reason I don't include "the real shocking ending is Karofsky shooting himself, and the next episode deals with his funeral" is, somebody "in the know" says that the person who dies is a female (the two names being thrown around are Sue's sister and Sue's "assistant" Becky)

15. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    This show has really been going down hill this year. Like others have said Sue should be written out of the show. Other years she was funny in the ways she did things to the glee club. This year she is just mean and spitefull and a waste of writing.

The April Rhodes thing was also a waste of time. It added nothing to the story. I don't know what is going on with the writers but they better get their act together and start writing good stories again or they will lose a lot of followers, like me.

16. Lori

Lori Social Defective

Feb 20, 2000
    Bowie, MD USA
    Actually, there's only been one other year. :)

17. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Loved the music. I for one do not watch the show for plot/storyline. I pretty much FF everytime Will ( singing or talking) is on the screen.

18. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Remember when there used to be a dedicated channel for watching music videos, now primetime TV has a show with many music video numbers in it. Half the viewers watch because they like stories, the other half just likes the music and dancing.

I don't think any of the singing/dancing talent alone would make me interested in watching this TV show. I can get real music videos here.

19. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Fondue for Two Come on. That's some good stuff. And Trouty Mouth's line to Rachael "They warned me you would try to steal all my gold".

Damn. I LOLed..

20. Fixer

Fixer Fixin' it!!

Mar 29, 2005
    The Great...
    They were sort of quick with the explanation, but Kurt found out when Sam delivered pizzas to Dalton. Although they aren't chummy per se, my guess is that they have a brotherly bond of sorts after Sam defended Kurt against Karofsky in the wedding episode.

__