Glee Project? Anyone? *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by sushikitten, Jun 14, 2011.

1. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    I saw it mentioned in EW so I recorded it...and really enjoyed it...though I do enjoy both Glee and reality TV. :)

They spent an hour showing us how they went from 34,000+ submissions to the top 12, and then each following hour will be getting rid of someone. The 12 had to sing a song together in pieces, then create a music video to another song, and the bottom three got assigned a song to sing for the save.

I'm super irritated by the "sexy/flirty" and the "childish" girls and that super short geeky guy just creeps me out. Of course, none of them went home, and a super cutie got the boot (I can't remember names at this point, and I watched it a day or so ago).

The winner gets a seven episode arc next season.

2. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    Just set up a season pass, but there were two choices: Glee Project an Glee Project Top 12 (or something along those lines). I just season passed them both to be safe.

3. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    I think the Top 12 was a one-off of how they got to the top 12. Glee Project is the regular show. Sorry, I forgot about that part.

4. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    Watched this and enjoyed it. Was a little suprised they let Bryce go home, out of the bottom three, I thought he was the only safe one.

I will be interested to see how this plays out. Right now, I think the curly haired nerdy guy would be an interesting character. I can easily see Ryan Murphy writing a character around him (like he did with Chris Coffiler.)

5. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I haven't watched the first episode yet (nah, I don't care about spoilers), but I enjoyed the show about wittling down the several thousand to the 12. (My sweet Adelines director tells us to sing like women not like Glee.) :)

6. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    So I should watch The Glee Project: The Final 12 first? I already have one episode of each to watch.

Do I have this correct?

7. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    Correct. The Final 12 is a behind-the-scenes type of thing. It's not necessary to watch to understand the rest of the season, but it is neat.

8. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    His attitude during the video shoot killed him. If you're gonna spend 60-70 hrs per week you need team players not divas. I like Ellis a lot, they could have fun with her visual age. Damian doesn't sing well enough to make up for his shyness and merely adequate dancing. I expect him to go soon. The short guy will go a way since they love very specific "types" and they can do a lot od underdog things with him.

9. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    As soon as Ellis made the bottom three for the 2nd time, I figured she was a goner. It would be very hard to explain to Ryan why you should keep someone who was in the bottom 3 the first 2 weeks. However, I thought she should have stayed. I thought her version of Mac the Knife was good. She also did well in the video (she looked hot and owned the kiss.)

To bad, I actually thought Daimen should have been in the bottom three. He continues to look out of place. I don't think his voice is up to some of the rest of the singers.

10. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    oops, I read this before watching last nights show. oops, my bad. :) I agree with the last post though. You make the bottom three twice in a row, it is time to go.

11. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Is it just me or did the characters they chose for themselves seem lame? I mean if I looked like I was 10 years old, I would have chosen to play a person who skipped a bunch of grades and was attending high school at 10 or 11 years old with all the interesting things that would be part of that. I would have chosen being the shortest person on the basketball team for the short guy. (One of our really good players at my high school was 5"6'.)

12. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    And my niece is in it. She made it to that level, but was not picked as one of the final 12.

See "Jamie. Lawrenceville, GA."

13. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Did she at least have fun? That looked like a great experience.

14. JETarpon

Jan 1, 2003
    Yes. And it made her decide that once she is done with college, she will look into some sort of performing career.

We knew she had tried out (video on myspace) but not that she had made it as far as she had. She wasn't allowed to tell anyone until a month or 2 ago.

15. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    That's one thing I don't like about this show - even in the press releases, they use just their first names. I'm surprised they don't invoke the Entertainment Weekly Universal Declaration on Reality Show Contestant Names and make them legally change their names to "Glee Project (first name only)."

I am a little surprised they didn't take Jamie and a number of the other non-finalists and have them record a song that the show can use for a different (i.e. not New Directions) show choir to sing at some competition (which is, of course, lip-synced by whatever professional dancers they could round up for that episode).

(Rumor of the day: they are considering taking "some number" of the Glee Project finalists to be the "replacements" when the current cast graduates at the end of season 3.)

16. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    I'm at surprised at how many of these kids I dislike.

17. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I agree there seems to be a lack of talent on this show. I thought there would be a bigger choice of people. Also what is with the lighting they are using? It makes their eyes weird during the interviews. The Rachel wantaby seems to be the most talented but I cant see two Rachels on the show. So far the show has been a disappointment.

18. MKDippon

MKDippon New Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Most of you don't know that Damien had sung and traveled world wide for shows with an Irish Group - Celtic Thunder for the last 4 years. Give him a break. This is totally different music. He has a great voice and range.

19. JETarpon

Jan 1, 2003
    Hit and run post? Damien hasn't even been mentioned in this thread, and MKDippon comes in here with his first post to defend him.

20. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    Yes, Damien was mentioned earlier in the thread: