Glee "Night of Neglect" - OAD 4/19/11 ** SPOILERS **

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by That Don Guy, Apr 20, 2011.

1. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Apparently, "Night of Neglect" not only showcased "neglected artists" in real life, but a number of the "neglected artists" on the show as well. (And why do I have this gut feeling the Harry Shum Jr. solo was there to get the choreographer a better shot at an Emmy? The committee that decides the choreography winner(s) tends to like solo/duet pieces better than group numbers.)

I realize it's a spoof, but couldn't they find another club to help besides one whose only current members just happen to be members of the Glee Club as well? (And there aren't any smarter students in the school? Maybe Mike, Tina, Artie, and Miss NotAppearingInThisEpisode are the only ones who think being on the Academic Decathlon (which has nothing to do with the show they were on, but that's another story) team was worth doing, but still...)

I also read somewhere that Holly's intermission speech to the hecklers was really targeted at the real-life "glee-haters." I didn't take it that way; it felt more to me like a generic anti-bullying PSA.

And is it just me, or are they ruining Sue's character with this "get rid of the glee club once and for all" storyline?

Oh, and of course, let's make sure that we bring Will & Emma back into play ("and don't forget that Emma's still a virgin") before people start thinking that Will & Holly might become serious.

Speaking of Glee...
    There is a story going around that one of the extras leaked that...
    The Prom King and Queen will be Kardovsky...and Kurt
    ...and not only did the producer throw a major fit online, but they had to call some cast members back in to film an alternative scene.

Personally, I think this whole thing is what is known in professional wrestling circles as "a work," and the fans are being played - I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was planned in advance (for example, to send a warning to spoiler-leakers), the way the final scene of Monica and Chandler's wedding on Friends was recorded after the audience left.

2. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    I loved how Britney cleaned up in the "Cat Diseases" category.

3. Satchel

Satchel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Love how they shuffled in an orchestra for Holly and a 50 member choir for the diva....for a show with no audience that was a fundraiser.

Oh well.

And why is nobody saying anything that the rival choir director seems to be hanging out all the time during the school day...at a school where he does not work?

Sigh, I guess I shouldn't expect miracles.

4. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I wish they would just do away with Sue's character. She is ruining the show.

5. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    They do that for a rehersal. :)

6. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    I have come to the conclusion that Glee is at it's worst right after a break. Maybe they should just film 52 episodes a year.

This was one of the worst episodes of Glee that I have seen. There was almost nothing memorable about this episode. I have no interest in downloading any of the songs.

Oh look, the "I never get any respect" Mercedes is back. Just a few episodes ago, she and Rachael were best buds agin. (And remember last season when Quinn & Mercedes were real good friends? Apparently the writers don't. I don't they have said one word to each other this season.)

Another over the top Sue plot. And look Terri's back! How lovely.

I am hopeful that the season will pickup again towards Nationals. But last night was painful.

7. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I am not a die hard Glee fan, but thanks to TCF have gotten into it a bit. Last night was mostly FF through it to hear the songs and even then most of them were 'eh' for me. Not bashing the show, just wasn't impressed with this episode as much as others.

8. hapdrastic

hapdrastic Swarley

Mar 31, 2006
    Tonight we learned why Schuester doesn't teach math.

5000 * 0.25 = 20000

Really?

9. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    I fell asleep during the episode.

10. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    lol

He worded it correctly, saying they needed $5000, so at a quarter each they would need to sell 20,000 pieces of taffy. But he definitely wrote it wrong.

11. Waldorf

Waldorf Super Duper Member

Oct 4, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    Actually, it was 5,000 x .25 = 20,000

It is up to the viewers to solve for x. In this case, x is รท :D

Saw this linked elsewhere:

Glee vs. Futurama

12. aRKade

aRKade New Member

May 22, 2002
    Farmington, MN
    I think you read that wrong. They needed $5000 for the trip. He said that at 0.25 per piece of taffy they would have to sell 20000 to get the $5000. It was just written in a weird order on the board.

Boring episode btw. A bunch of boring slow songs and a bunch of resets. Kurt wants to come back, Will and Emma will be back together again, looks like Terri will be doing something deceitful to try to win back Will, Rachel jealously eyeing Finn and Quinn. Doesn't feel like there are any stories that are going anywhere interesting.

13. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    What I have found about this show is it is either really bad or really good. They don't seem to have a middle ground. This weeks was really bad.

14. hapdrastic

hapdrastic Swarley

Mar 31, 2006
    He described it correctly, but wrote it wrong.

15. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Also not a fan of last nights episode. The only thing that kept me from turning it off was Santana in that tight red dress.

I'm considering bailing on Glee. The stories are becoming repetitive and ridiculous and a lot of the music is outside of my tastes as of late. Add to that Ryan Murphy bashing artists who won't let him use their music, and I'm just about done.

16. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo TCF Club

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    I agree it wasn't the best. I really wish they would not just change a character's motivations week by week. Rachel saying Mercedes is just as good as her? Huh? She would never say that.

Mercedes going back and forth from wanting the top spot to being friendly with Rachel.

Do these kids date ANYONE outside of glee club?

17. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    This episode of Glee was just a marketing tool to sell music on the iTunes store. I'm also thinking of bailing on the series.

The plot is as repetitive and continuous as a Tom & Jerry cartoon without the over the top violence to keep one engaged, add in a few musical numbers, then before every commercial make sure to let the viewer know they can purchase the songs they hear on iTunes, or that a new Warblers CD just dropped.

Wash rinse repeat.

18. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Besides Kardovsky, the ones in the Hecklers Club, the football team, and the "stars" of the rival choirs, do any kids exist outside of Glee Club for more than one episode? (What happened to the ice hockey team?)

Actually, this episode was less of an iTunes commercial than the ones where they showcase a particular artist's songs. This one was more of a bone thrown to the fans of the "lesser" characters (quite a few people wanted to hear Jenna Ushkowitz (Tina) sing a solo, even if she did only get through half of it). I'm a little surprised Ashley Fink (Lauren) didn't sing, seeing as how they just announced that she will be on the upcoming tour.

19. Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    FTFY

20. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I FFed thru most of the songs. Hadn't heard them before, and from the first 30 sec decided I didn't want to hear them for the first time. :)

I laughed at the orchestra and gospel choir too. At least they're consistently unbelievable.

I wonder if it is written in the piano player's contract that he gets a solo near-closeup in each episode? They pan by him EVERY week, although there's no real reason to... maybe it's just an inside joke.