Glee | "I Kissed a Girl" | OAD 11/29/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Lori, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Lori

Lori Social Defective

Feb 20, 2000
    Bowie, MD USA
    Discuss. :)

Personally, I need the "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" cover. :) I'm going to rewind and listen to that about a dozen more times.

2. firerose818

firerose818 Now 65 pounds less! TCF Club

Jul 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Ha! I'm watching that right now. Love it!

3. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yeah, the "Girls just wanna have fun" cover was interesting, but I thought the best one was the k.d. lang song at the end. Naya Rivera can sing really well, and her and Idina Menzel sound really good together.

I really wish they would address the "minimum number of participants" thing... it's starting to get annoying at this point. I know consistency isn't this show's strong point, but when they spent many, many episodes coming up with plots directly addressing them trying to get enough glee members, for the show to throw it out the window without nary a word is incredibly frustrating.

4. Drewster

Drewster Connoisseur

Oct 26, 2000
    SoCal
    Loved it! The performances were great, and it was fabulous to see Puck call Quinn out in her madness. (And are we to believe that the first time with Puck remains her only time?)

But I have to say, the emphasis of plot lines on gay themes is getting tiresome.

5. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    I got a kick out of Coach Bieste's Jolene.

Honestly,I didn't care for the Girls Just Want To Have Fun cover at all.

6. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    WTF is up with Kurt and those two sweaters he wore????? :eek:

I thought teh gheys were supposed to have good fashion sense. :D

7. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I know that song had to be sung by Fin to fit the show, but I thought he butchered it. Great cover, but he didn't do it justice.

8. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    The have dragged my favorite character (Quinn) down the toliet. I hope their is a good payoff for this story line. (Wouldn't you be scarred to have sex again if your only experience led to pregnecy?)

I like the Sanata story line, but I am ready for it to be over. She's out and in love with Brittney. Time to move on.

9. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    I think they are in the next episode...
    If you saw the preview for next week, I'm pretty sure they're going to have Sam back for Sectionals
    A few things I noticed:

Kurt needs a history lesson - Nixon would not have won the 1960 election had he carried Illinois. (I think the whole "the Chicago political machine won the election for Kennedy" story may be based on the fact that it's possible that, if the story is true, Nixon might have "won the popular vote" without Chicago help for Kennedy, but tell Al Gore how meaningful that is. (As I like to say, "Refresh my memory - what is the 16th word in the Pledge of Allegiance? Hint: it's not "democracy."))

Why are Sugar and the former New Directions members the only Troubletones that ever go to meetings? (Yes, I realize that the other Troubletones are played by professional dancers - two of them are former SYTYCD finalists - but as far as the storyline is concerned, they're singers as well.)

Boy, the party political machines in that part of Ohio must be asleep, if a write-in candidate (and, presumably, an independent) wins a Congressional election!
    (Of course, it was expected that Burt would win, so they would have an excuse for Mike O'Malley to be off the show while he's starring in the new series Family Album (which airs during Glee's March hiatus).)

(Also, one from the preview for next week; the announcer said that "only one (of New Directions and The Troubletones) can win Sectionals", but, of course, last year both New Directions and The Dalton Warblers won. Okay, they tied, but they both advanced to Regionals.)

10. RandomTask

RandomTask New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Hated Girls just want to have fun(Never mess with the meter on a well known song), liked Kissed a Girl, really liked Constant Craving(Or Anything with Idina)

I'm also done with the overemphasis on sexual orientation and I hate what they have done to Quinn. That Puck/Shelby thing is stupid too.

11. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    BTW... anybody else just FF through the plot to just watch the musical numbers now?

After the first two episodes this season, I was pretty much done with the "show" part of the show.

My epiphany came when my TiVo didn't record an episode a while back when they messed up the guide data. For any other show, I would go download the episode from the internet. This time, I found that I just didn't care.

12. Lori

Lori Social Defective

Feb 20, 2000
    Bowie, MD USA
    I'm loving all of it.

I loved the Girls Just Wanna Have Fun cover. I liked seeing Finn sing something that wasn't an 80s hair piece.

I also loved Constant Craving. Loved Jolene. Loved I Kissed a Girl. Loved The Only One.

Man, the music was just FUN this week.

I'm ready to move on from Santana as well, but I thought this was a good episode to wrap that up with.

My predictions for sectionals:
    I think that the TT will win sectionals, Quinn will out Puck and Shelby, Shelby will lose her job, the school will disband the TT, and New Directions will go to Regionals as an alternate (with all of the TT back in the fold). I know nothing. Just my prediction.

13. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    That makes sense. The only reason I don't think that's what will happen is:
    They would have to have it happen pretty much right when they announce that The TroubleTones win - otherwise, you have a period where a number of the younger fans might think, "Why bother watching the show now, since New Directions are no longer in the competition?"

14. Drewster

Drewster Connoisseur

Oct 26, 2000
    SoCal
    I should say, absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE how Naya Rivera plays Santana. She's rapidly becoming my favorite part of the show.

And yes, I realize this is somewhat in conflict with my earlier statement. :)

15. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    I don't mind it on some songs, but this one just doesn't work. And not just because Finn did a bad job. That song just doesn't work in that style.

16. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    What kind of crazy things will Brittney do as class president? :D

I too dislike what has become of Q. When the show started, she was mean and unlikeable. She was then transformed into someone to like and care for. Now, she is just a mess.

Loved the girls doing Katy Perry. Good stuff.

17. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    They did a very good job with Constant Craving. I have always loved that song and had a moment of doubt when I heard the chords that begin the song.

I'm glad all the elections are over.

18. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    I didn't mind the student election story. At least it invoolved the Glee kids. The Unicorn stuff with Britney and Kurt was funny. And the idea of Brittney as president is pretty funny too. (giving people pixie sticks.. :D ) But the congress one with Sue and Burt and all that? I'm glad that is done.

19. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    BTW, since it doesn't seem to be common knowledge: the version of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" performed on this show was originally done by an artist named Greg Laswell... it isn't something the show rearranged themselves.

20. Drewster

Drewster Connoisseur

Oct 26, 2000
    SoCal
    I loved that arrangement. :)