Glee "Born this way" 4.26.11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by betts4, Apr 27, 2011.

1. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I have never started a Glee thread but wow. This episode blew me away. I LOVE having Kurt back!

His first couple songs were great, but I was amazed and pleased when he sang Barbara Streisand's "As If We Never Said Goodbye." That was a perfomance! Best Glee song I have seen yet.

There were so many aspects of this episode I enjoyed. In fact, I don't think there was anything I didn't like. Very nicely woven storylines and songs!

2. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    1.5 hour episode was too long for me.

3. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    I thought it was a pretty bad episode.

So they start an anti-bullying club, but they are nowhere to be found when Quinn gets bullied, right?

And Rachel discussing whether to have a nose job or not with the Glee club? :rolleyes:

At least I hope Emma gets better so that she and Will can get it on.

4. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    The only part I really didn't care for was the part at the mall. It was a horrible sounding "song," the dancing wasn't nearly as good as the last one at the mall (the Safety Dance one), the whole episode just seemed to stop while this was going on, and I don't think we really would have missed it had it not been in there.

I loved the shirt "Mike Chang" (Harry Shum, Jr.) was wearing at the end. Love that they finally "hung a lantern" on the fact that they only hired him for his dancing, and that he really can't sing. :)

5. jpcapili

jpcapili New Member

May 13, 2009
    California
    im getting bored with this show.

6. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I thought they addressed it in another episode where he basically talked through a song instead of singing it.

7. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I really liked the episode quite a bit. One of the stronger episodes this season.

The mall scene was silly and I just wondered through the whole sequence how that was supposed to convince someone to not get a nose job?

Loved Puck's companion shirt to Britney's, Loved the Lebanese shirt.

8. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I like Glee and have found a new way to watch it.

Any scenes with Schu and any female love interest - fast forward.

Song too precious (as in Kurt's As If We Never Said Goodbye) - fast forward.

Much more enjoyable.

9. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    I liked this episode, in an up and down season, this was definately one of the better episodes.

The shirts were fun (Sam- Trouty Mouth, Puck - I'm with Stupid point dowing down.)

Any episode that features Quinn is a :up: for me.

The mall dance didn't do it for me, especially since Safety Dance is one of my top Glee perfomances. Still not sure how that was supposed to convince Rachael not to get a nose job.

Way too much of Emma's OCD. Hopefully this will not become a major story line over the rest of the season.

Sanata calling out Karofski was great and Kurt seeing through him was perfect. Interested to see where this goes.

10. wouldworker

wouldworker _

Sep 7, 2004
    MA, USA
    I didn't understand why the fat chick thought that Quinn's transformation from Lucy made her a fraud. That's exactly the sort of thing we celebrate in America. It's not like Quinn was wearing a mask and was really Lucy underneath it. What was the point of all that?

11. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Sort of. Earlier in the season, he sang the song "Sing!" from A Chorus Line, which is a song that is intentionally supposed to be sung badly because the character from that musical can't sing. They've never really come out in storyline and acknowledged that he really can't sing, although the fact that all his solos are dance only pieces should've clued anyone in by this point.

12. aRKade

aRKade New Member

May 22, 2002
    Farmington, MN
    I thought the group number was supposed to be a Lady Gaga song. It sounded like a Madonna song to me ;)

13. full_heart

full_heart Member

May 12, 2005
    Oklahoma
    The reason was because Quinn tried to make Lauren feel bad for wanting to be prom queen because she isn't to quote her "the size 2 girl." Quinn tried to make Lauren feel bad about herself because Lauren loves herself the way she is and Quinn doesn't and never did, hence her transformation. It was about the same thing as the whole episode theme embrace who you are and love yourself flaws and all.

14. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    That song just sounds like a Madonna song.

15. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    That was great. Kurt saying that Karofski needs to set up a pflag group was right on.

16. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    You know though, if I'm a regular on a hit show that regularly includes singing, I think that it would behoove me to actually take some singing lessons to at least get to a passable level.
    I suspect that Heather Morris did just that.
    (On the other hand, perhaps Shum did and it didn't help.)

Of course, Cory Monteith should probably take dance lessons as well...

17. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    That's what I said to my wife when they started that song. Sounded like old-school Madonna.

18. flikhem

flikhem Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    Predictable and pedestrian. Saw it coming from a mile away.
    Perhaps someday Kurt can sing a male part, and one not written by Andrew Lloyd-Webber.

19. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Did anyone else notice the flyer outside of the music room after the last song? It was blurry (even in HD), but I could make out "HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL".

20. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Has he admitted that he can't sing in real life? I wondered if it was just his character.

Same with Cory. I bet he is a fine dancer.