Glee - 2/22/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by betts4, Feb 23, 2011.

1. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...

Advertisements

I watched this last night and thought it was pretty good.

I loved the songs and really enjoyed the Rachel/Blaine/Kurt triangle. That was a great way to get Blaine and Kurt into the gang and singing without it being a Warbler thing. MUCH more natural.

Watching Schu out with Beiste (sp) was fun too. You knew he was going to get up on stage and sing!!

As soon as Rachel said she mixed this and that and the other into a drink I knew there was going to be trouble!

2. SorenTodd

SorenTodd New Member

May 26, 2009
    Yikes, it seems like Kurt's father showed his true colors. I didn't care for his reaction one bit. My younger cousin is also gay, and his dad has no issues with it.

Brittany sure was smoking hot in that dance number. Her Cheerios uniform never did her justice. :)

3. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I gotta say, this was one of my least favorite episodes. Watching them play drunk was not enjoyable for me. Listening to Kurt whine and complain is never enjoyable. Didn't really enjoy the musical numbers, it would have been better had they actaully used the Carole King songs they had playing in the background at several points.

Highlight was definitely the fact that this was a hot Brittany episode, well right up until the end of that assembly number.

4. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    I think Kurt's father knows his son has a crush on Blaine, and gay or not, doesn't think Kurt should be having sleep overs. I'll agree the father did not handle it well and showed that he has some issues about his son being gay.

:D
    Brittany was smokin' hot in this episode.

5. efilippi

efilippi Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il

Advertisements

I confess I don't pay very close attention to Glee when my wife is watching it, but I recall the Kurt/father conversation and didn't think it was so bad. As I remember it, dad was against not just Kurt/boy sleepover, but also any boy/girl sleepover. What's wrong with that?

I miss the happier, funnier Sue. This new one is a real downer.

6. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Yup Brittany was the highlight of this episode.. Oh my!

7. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I was actually paying attention and I agree with you. I totally agree with him. Kurt asked if he'd care if Finn had Puck sleep over and as his father said "No but I'd have a problem if he had a girl over." It's basically the same thing. Kurt shouldn't have boys over in his bed no less, no matter if they did anything or not just as it would be totally unacceptable for Finn to have a girl sleeping in his bed overnight. It IS inappropriate for a teenager. Kurt is just so touchy about the gay issue because of Blaine being confused that he took that entire conversation out of context. (as it seems viewers did too)

8. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    She's always the highlight when there is dancing. You can always tell the one who is a professional dancer. Wow, can she move.

9. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    I find that Kurt's fathers reaction feels real, instead of fake. He is stuggling with his son's sexuality. He was just getting comfortable with his son "saying" he was gay, but seeing Kurt with a boy in his bed confuses him. (I put "saying" in quotes. There is no doubt Kurt is gay, but, until last night, Burt had never seen any actions to that affect.)

Confusion is not necessarily bigotry. Burt loves his son and is very supportive. But he is struggling with his son's sexuality.

Brittany in her bra. :up: BTW - Did anyone notice that, when Rachael and Kurt were cleaning up, that Brittany's bra was hanging in the background? Guess we missed the best part.

Overall, I did not like this episode. Maybe I am idealistic, but I don't need to see high school students drink until sick and passed out drunk.

10. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    I think his reaction is within character. A guy that is still struggling to figure out how to deal with it. It's really not unusual.

Yes indeed. She also has a quirky sense of fashion sense/style. Body shots? Yes please.

11. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I'd happily do a body shot off of Brittany

12. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    FYP

13. bruinfan

bruinfan Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Elk Grove, CA
    exactly...

this is why kurt bugs the hell out of me... he turns everything with his dad into 'woe is me, i'm gay and you don't understand'. and the dad just lets kurt run him over with it. i get the dad is confused and kurt is dealing with whatever emotions he has to deal with.. but when kurt gets into that mode, it makes him so unlikeable.

the whole teenage drinking theme didn't sit well with me. glee postures itself as family entertainment, and then it glorifies teenage sex and drinking... (yeah, the hangover as a deterrent to drinking doesn't do it for me)... i don't mind it as an adult. i would mind it a little if i were a parent of a teenager. it just comes off as hypocritical.

14. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Damn censors!

15. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    I don't think there was anything "glorified" about it. You had the glee kids hurling on stage and Will drunk-dialing and mortifying himself and Emma. If anything, it was a balanced look... like Will said at the end, even he didn't believe even after all that, that the glee kids wouldn't drink... all he asked is if they did, to call him to have him pick them up.

16. frankmint

frankmint New Member

Feb 1, 2004
    Near...
    My only problem with the episode was I had already poured a beer before the kids and I sat down to watch.

17. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    This is just how I took it. His dad was upset that someone was sleeping over...didn't matter male or female.

18. MarkofT

MarkofT ****

Jul 27, 2001
    Where Texas...
    Don't forget Figgins and his spelling out of Kei$ha's name.

19. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Key dollar sign ha

LOL

20. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I am really starting to hate the the direction they are taking Sue's part. She isnt even funny any more just mean and spitefull.