Glee 1/1/11 Pot O'Gold

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by sieglinde, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Nov 2, 2011 #1 of 46
    sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Is this the beginning of the end for Glee? No one started a thread two minutes after it aired in the Eastern Time Zone.

I liked the addition of the cast member from the summer reality show. He sings really well. I am not too sure of his acting though.

2. Nov 2, 2011 #2 of 46
    RMBittner

RMBittner Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Charlotte,...
    Part of the problem regarding the lack of a thread is that many of us didn't get this episode. The data had it marked as a repeat, so all of us with FRO SPs didn't get it unless we discovered the problem before the show aired and set up a manual recording.

Now it's coming from Amazon as we speak...

Bob

3. Nov 2, 2011 #3 of 46
    martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I must agree with Brit... it was hard to understand him! :)

My favorite part of the episode was when he was singing in front of the group, and went into the falsetto part, and there was a quick shot of Kurt giving him an Evil Eye. ;)

Good grief I'm DONE with Quinn and her baby obsession. That got beat to death in season 1 with Terri, please don't repeat it now.

4. Nov 2, 2011 #4 of 46
    sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I am tired of the baby thing also. The MILF scene was not unexpected. I guess I am lucky, SP was set on FRO and I got this episode. Tribune or Tivo seems to be messing up a lot.

5. Nov 2, 2011 #5 of 46
    jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    I fell asleep watching it. Of course part of that has been dealing without power for 3 days prior and being cold and tired and all that.

But I mentioned to my wife when we started watching that Glee needs "to win me over again".

It's just not doing it for me the way it used to. But I will keep coming back for now, at least for Heather Morris/Brit S. Pierce

6. Nov 2, 2011 #6 of 46
    Tracy

Tracy Truly

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    They are making Brittany too stupid. Being naive and good-hearted is one thing, but she seems wildly low IQ combined with delusional. She is quickly losing her charm. Plus, is there some reason she has stopped wearing make-up?

Didn't realize the Irish dude was from the Glee Factor...is that what it was called? I wondered why the new character when they had dumped the much better Trouty Mouth. I thought the Irish guy was kind of weird looking.

I had to laugh when they said that the budget for West Side Story was $2004. That is way way below what a high school would typically have to budget for a show like that. Rights, rentals and royalties would push it to that number alone. Plus....the sets and costumes they use for just any one of their practice glee numbers would cost more than 2K. Gah.

Quinn being crazy is annoying. Puck and the teacher kissing? Now she really will lose the baby. What a bad twist for this storyline to take.

There is so little I like about this show anymore. Although, I have to say that I find that rich bad-singing girl to be hilarious. Odd that she was pushed to the back of the number with the other unexplained dancing girls, though.

I like the dad running for office.

7. Nov 2, 2011 #7 of 46
    RandomTask

RandomTask New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Not unexpected but wrong. I'm all about Idina but that's just weird. Have to say the Quinn thing is just stupid. And it won't work. No way she would get the baby. It would end up in Foster care. She gave up all parental rights long ago.

She is one of the few reasons I'm watching right now. The two choirs thing is stupid, the quinn thing is stupid. She is the only constant.

8. Nov 2, 2011 #8 of 46
    JDHutt25

JDHutt25 Active Member

Dec 27, 2004
    The little Irish fellow had this stunned look on his face the whole time that screamed "I can't believe I'm on TV!"

9. Nov 2, 2011 #9 of 46
    Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I HATE the Irish kid from the reality show.
    I watched the first few episodes of it and recall distinctly he was almost thrown off at the start.
    He was awful on the show and highly fast forwardable - not to mention you can't understand a word he says.

Hopefully that was a one off and he'll be gone fast.
    :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

10. The Spud

The Spud Rather be cruising TCF Club

Aug 27, 2002
    Kent, WA
    I was thinking the same thing. Plus, they aren't planning on selling tickets? Perhaps $2004 is what they needed over and above the anticipated ticket revenue.

11. DavidJL

DavidJL Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Dana Point, CA
    Ya I think he's from that Celtic Thunder? group so this might be his first acting experience.

12. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    I think the agreement was for seven episodes (with, of course, the option of making him a permanent character). Don't forget that there was another "winner" on that show who hasn't appeared yet (plus two other finalists who were promised appearances in two episodes; one of them has appeared once already).

However, if he can sing (read: sell recordings) and the tweenyboppers love him, expect him to stay - they will need some new characters next season.

Question: all of the Cheerios funding went to New Directions last year. How did Sue get it back?

13. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I think they went too far with Puck and the teacher kissing. In some states this is instant jail time for the teacher no matter hold old the student is. The whole Quinn thing is stupid also. As for Brittny, She is one of the main reasons I watch the show to see her dancing and some of her funny lines. However, some times they do go over board when it comes to her brains. I agree with the other poster, why wasn't she wearing make up?

14. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I've never been one to watch Glee for the stories (and I may or may not have mocked people for caring about the storylines in Glee) but since they've actually added writers to the show, I care about the storylines even less.

15. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Somebody tell me who I am supposed to like on this show. They are doing a fine job of making most of them unlikable.

16. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I think that you've hit the nail on the head.
    I watched this episode not really caring about anything the characters do.

They've even managed to make the likable Burt too smug.

17. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Spraking of Burt...did I miss the memo where Ohio got rid of primaries for Congressional elections? (IIRC, the last state that had this was Louisiana (everybody ran against everybody else in October; if nobody got a majority for a seat, the top two had a runoff in November), but the Supreme Court ruled in 1997 that this was illegal as Congress had set the date for Congressional elections (the Tuesday after 11/1) and had the power to do so.) Otherwise, how do you explain Burt running directly against Sue?

18. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...

I missed it until about half way through and then said "eh".

19. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Please stop trying to bring Reality into the Glee Universe... it makes my head hurt. :)

20. mooseAndSquirrel

mooseAndSquirrel Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Whatsamatta U
    I gave up on this show but channel flipped to it live. I thought it was some Halloween special or something. The football player "kid" looks like he's 30. And I thought the Irish kid was Kurt in some sort of weird reverse drag.