Given the HD Tivo/G3 announcment...

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by dinglehart, Jan 7, 2006.

1. dinglehart

dinglehart Member

Dec 3, 2002
    Fontana, CA

Advertisements

I am excited about the announcement of the new 3rd Generation HD Tivo. I think that it will give me some options and I wanted to see, given that it's still vaporware, if what I am thinking is reasonable.

In any case, I have both a H10-250 and an HDVR2 and I really hate that it's so far behind the "real" Tivos in versions and functionality, but I really hate our current cable provider so I do not want to use the cablecard option, nor am I interested in the non-Tivo DVR. So, do you think that it would be possible for me to dump my existing 10-250, buy two of their base HD Receivers with HDMI out, run both to the new G3 unit? This would give me everything I really want D* programming, and a "real" Tivo. Given the HDMI connections, I would assume that I would get in HD and 5.1.

My only concern would be D* somehow blocking this type of setup in order to push their own DVR solution.

In any case, I am aware that we are talking hyphotically about vaporware, but I am really trying to plan/budget for an upgrade at some point, and this looks to be the best technical solution for me.

2. dinglehart

dinglehart Member

Dec 3, 2002
    Fontana, CA
    Nevermind. I need glasses. There's no HDMI imputs on the back of the unit. Oh well...

3. AbMagFab

AbMagFab What happened, TiVo?

Feb 5, 2001
    It's more than vaporware.