Gilmore Girls

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by brianric, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Sep 9, 2006 #1 of 14
    brianric

brianric Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ

Advertisements

When is the season premier? I'm getting frustrated trying to set up a recording because the guide is not listing repeats. May have to set this up on my Replay instead of my Tivo.

2. Sep 9, 2006 #2 of 14
    Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    It's 9/26 at 8ET.

3. Sep 9, 2006 #3 of 14
    JediCowboyD

JediCowboyD Nerf Herder

Feb 21, 2002
    Happy...
    Joy!

4. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Will be interesting how the new writing staff affects the show. I thought the show has gone down hill some since rory had sex with married dean. I hope the new writers can inject some old school gilmore girls into the show. I hope the first thing that happens is rory kicks logan to the curb for being an a-hole. After that I hope christopher dies a horrible painfull death.

5. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...

Advertisements

If it helps any, Vikingguy, Mike Ausiello of TV Guide, who is a *huge* fan of Gilmore Girls, Lauren Graham, and the Palladinos, says he saw the first episode of this season and said it was vintage GG and very good.

So there's hope. :)

6. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Awsome that is what I am hoping for thanks for the news. If the show can get back to its roots for 1 final run I will be 1 damn happy guy.

7. Oct 3, 2006 #7 of 14
    Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    Hhmmm.....I thought this was a girly show, no? Would it be appropriate for a 14 YO boy? He likes that Veronica Mars and Dead Like Me that was suggested by TCF, but I'm not sure of Gilmore Girls. Is it somethine he would like or more for a 14 YO girl? I do see some older men here (dirty ole men? ;) )

8. Oct 3, 2006 #8 of 14
    pcguru83

pcguru83 RIP Misty

Jan 18, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    It's one of the shows my wife records that I actually don't mind sitting down and watching with her. However, I doubt it would be one of those shows that a 14 YO would be like, "Oooo, Mom, we GOTTA watch Gilmore Girls tonight!"

The basic concept of the show is the relationship between a single mother and her daughter. The two are very close, and (usually) look at each other as more friends than the typical parent/child relationship.

9. Oct 4, 2006 #9 of 14
    brianric

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    It's funny how you mentioned dirty ole men. I'm an advanced amateur photographer, doing a lot of charity type events. I've been asked several times if I'm a professional photographer. If it is a good looking girl asking me that question my stock answer is, "Brian Richards, Playboy Magazine. Care to pose?" :rolleyes:

10. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...

I found that amusing, but your rolly eyes threw me off. I was just teasin' about the dirty ole men (Hi Gray! :D ) and I think (or hope) that you knew that. :)

11. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Who, me? :D

I'm hot for Lauren Graham, who's a barely-legal 39 years old.

I've never seen Rory as anything other than daughter material. (In that regard, I'm like Luke and Christopher -- woe befall the man who hurts my baby!)

12. brianric

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    I did. I have to be careful at work saying that. I'm a procedure writer at a nuclear power plant. I display my work. One of the security guards asked if I'd shoot her wedding. I had to inform her I wasn;t a professional. I was half tempted to use the Playboy Joke but thought better of it. Here are two samples from my recent work.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. DaveBogart

DaveBogart Active Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Golden,...
    I want that yellow house! And the girl on the left with the knee pads.

14. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    I think that's Wisteria Lane! :D

I just got a SP for the re-runs of Gilmore Girls. I'll try out a couple shows and see if the kid likes it. He finally came around to liking Wonderfalls.