Gilmore Girls "'S Wonderful, 'S Marvelous" OAD: 10/17 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Neenahboy, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA

Advertisements

This was kind of a "blah" episode for me. I didn't even get as much joy out of seeing Emily in jail as I thought I would. The SoaP bit at the beginning was funny, but overall, meh.

2. Lori

Lori Social Defective

Feb 20, 2000
    Bowie, MD USA
    The show has effectively guaranteed that, no matter how it ends, I won't be happy.

See, I like Christopher, and I am not looking forward to Lorelai breaking his heart when she realizes that she needs to be with Luke. Conversely, if she and Christopher end up together in the end, well that will just piss me off, since the Luke and Lorelai thing has been telescoped since practically the first episode.

And if Lorelai ends up with neither of them, I may just stop watching TV forever. :)

3. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    I was not into the episode at all except emily being arrested was pretty funny. Lorelai taking pictures at the police station was pretty damn funny. I hope lorelai some how gets a hold of a mug shot and makes a poster out of it or something. They really need to find something for rory to do maybe kick that scum logan to the curb and get a decent guy. I was disapointed to have not seen any more of paris's sat school. I am glad they are getting the luke and april bonding thing out of the way hope it does not take up much more screen time.

4. Royster

Royster Beardy

May 24, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Lorelai without Luke is a mess. I hope this Christopher nonsense dosn't drag on. I don't even particularly care if he gets his feelings hurt.

5. cyke93

cyke93 New Member

Jan 29, 2004

Advertisements

I don't understand why everyone hates christopher so much. Yes, he messed up when he found out that he was having gigi, he should've never left lorelei ... but gigi's mom still left him .. forget luke.. if he wanted lorelei so bad, he wouldn't have waited months to tell her about april and anything he should've put down a date for the wedding.

but i see the show going in the way of luke again and i dont want that.. seeing them together felt odd.. lorelei and christopher fit .. and i enjoyed their whole date .. im rooting for christopher but in the end i think ill be disappointed and have it be luke

6. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    "Christopher" is a *********. "Lorelai" is an idiot.

Season 6 ruined what was a great television program. Even the best writing can't save it now. Still going to watch and see where the cars from the train wreck end up.

7. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I read about 4 or 5 TV boards and one of the most heated debates is the Christopher/Luke debate.

I am a Christopher fan and never could understand the pairing of Luke and Lorlei. Luke should have stayed an ancillary character like Kirk is. The guy can not act and the actors have zero chemistry together.

Christopher and Lorelei have been pining for each other since they were kids they actually "get" each other and the actors have chemistry. Sure Christopher was an absent father but they had a really good storyline for that they abandoned in season 1 then played him off as an absent father.

8. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Honestly I hope lorelai finds a different guy instead of luke or christopher. It would ruin luke for me if he forgave and took back lorelai for what she did. He is in my mind a old school guy who could never forgive or tolerate what she did to him. Christopher is just a scum bucket who only cares about what he wants and needs. Since it looks like rory will end up with logan I would like to see lorelai end up with a decent guy to balance things out. Like another poster pointed out like I have in the past that season 6 screwed up the show so bad that it is near impossible for it to be what it once was.

9. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I would like examples please.

10. Royster

Royster Beardy

May 24, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Christopher is a rich jerk who, until recently, hasn't had a day of responsibility in his life. Does he even work? Lorelai escaped from her parent's world. Why would she want to preserve this one tie back to it? I just don't get the attraction of Christopher. Sure, the actor is marginally handsome, but there is very little "there" there.

11. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Christopher was not rich his parents were and he rejected that world just like Lorlei did. That is where their bond is formed. Episode in S2 or S3 where Christopher and Lorlei had dinner at her parents they both could not take it and snuck out of the house using the same method they used when they were teenagers.

Christopher only recently became rich when his grandfather died and left him money. And what was the first thing he wanted to do? Pay for Rory's school. Yeah that was real selfish.

12. marrone

marrone Phased Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Melbourne, FL
    I always liked Christopher. Yeah, he didn't make a whole lot of smart choices, but neither did Loreli, or Rory for that matter. He's trying to make up for it, it seems.

I did think this was a good episode, though.

But wasn't Loreli a little over the top with the jail thing? I mean, it was funny and all. But she seemed a bit out of character. She never made fun of her mom directly like she did, and she kept hammering it into her (the jailhouse rocks comment, etc, etc), wouldn't stop. One fault I found with Loreli is she was never TOO disrespectful to her mom, at least directly, yet this time she went way overboard. Also, Emily really didn't respond to it like I figured she would (imagine your daughter poking fun at you for a half hour about your arrest). But I do give Emily credit for not wanting to ruin Richard's evening.

-Mike

13. Girlieerin

Girlieerin New Member

Jan 24, 2006
    Cambridge, MA
    Maybe they should just bring back Max Medina and make things even more ridiculous...Meanwhile, did you notice that one of the perky students Rory hung out with after the art show played "Gia" on Veronica Mars?

Does anyone else find April really creepy?

14. Magnolia88

Magnolia88 She likes cheese.

Jun 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Yes, I noticed. Also, the kid who played "Butters" on VM was also in this episode, as one of the students working on the newspaper.

15. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Sleeping with lorelai 30 seconds after she breaks off her engagement. If he truely loved her and wanted a long term relationship with her he would of been a shoulder to cry on and he would of left at that. He would of waited for her to get over and deal with her break up before persuing anything. Only a true scum bucket would sleep with someone 30 seconds after a break up and claim to love them. The only way you sleep with someone 30 seconds after a break up is if you want a piece of tail and don't care how you get it. Christopher has been in the shadows the whole time luke and lorelai were together waiting for his chance to break them up or get a piece of tail.

The only sort of responsibility the man has ever had is gigi which he pawns off on nannys and grandma. He only cares about himself and never has shown he really cares about anyone else. Who cares if he paid for rorys college. The guy is worth what a few 100 million dollars what is a 100k to him. It is like me giving someone a dollar big freakin deal. He is basically a 10 year old kid in a rich grown mans body.

16. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    She went to him he did not call her 30 seconds after the break up for her to come over. She showed up at his door. Besides this is not the first time they have hooked up she went to him after Max. It is just this time he wanted more from her he wants to be with her and got the courage to pursue her.

The one constant since she was a kid is Christopher. He has always been there for her. And she left to go to Stars Hollow and raise Rory she did not tell him she did not tell her parents where she was. Christopher kept his distance at her asking and has tried to be as good a father as Lorlei would let him.

17. miscellaneous

miscellaneous New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    False

I mean, yeah, he's not a monster, but the show has always, always held Chris to be an absentee father at best, and somebody that can never be counted on. You're really grasping at straws trying to convince us that he's a good guy. He's gradually turning into a better guy, but he's not a good guy.

Lorelai screwed up with the only good guy on the show (Luke, although I'm totally on board with him screwing up, too), and the only guy left is not good. She has to end up alone - I'd be disgusted with any other result, considering the corner they've been painted into.

18. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Courage? Taking advantage of someone when they are most vulnerable is not couragous it is being a low life scum bucket who only cares about himself. I know in todays world self control and restraint is frowned appon. I know these days it is the norm to get what you want no matter the means. I know if the girl I really loved showed up on my door step in tears and vulnerable the first thing I would do is find a way to get her in bed come on there is no justifing what christopher did. Maybe I am old school I guess.

19. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I need better examples. He was at her HS graduation, went to HS debate, when he could not be there he called for her birthday or sent something in his absence. Has visited her at college multiple times (even before the inheritance).

20. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    agreed.
    Emily was still completely fired up about being arrested. Lorelei ribbing her was nothing compared to how she was still feeling about the cops.