Gilmore Girls 11/7/2006

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cyke93, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Nov 7, 2006 #1 of 19
    cyke93

cyke93 New Member

Jan 29, 2004

Advertisements

I'm glad that they acknowledged Christopher's absence during Rory's childhood and that he wants to try to make ammends for it. If next week's episode is any indication, I HOPE that they won't let Lorelei and Luke get back together. Christopher and Lorelei has such good chemistry together and they fit better IMO. I liked that Luke is trying to move forward, hopefully his next date wouldn't be that crazy.

2. Nov 7, 2006 #2 of 19
    vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    After reading the tv guide spoilers I was so pissed I could not enjoy the episode at all. I will not watch next week as I can not stomach it. The show is getting moved down the list of shows I watch now. I had high hopes for the new season but I was wrong.

3. Nov 8, 2006 #3 of 19
    Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    And here we have the Gilmore Girls fan base's greatest conflict in a nutshell.

Well, aside from those who think Paris should be boiled in oil or drawn and quartered. :D

4. Nov 8, 2006 #4 of 19
    vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Why not both?

5. Nov 8, 2006 #5 of 19
    Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...

Advertisements

Either one would kill her, thus making the second option a mere waste of time and resources. :D

6. Nov 8, 2006 #6 of 19
    5thcrewman

5thcrewman Active Member

Sep 22, 2003
    NW
    I say Paris and Rory should oil wrestle

7. Nov 8, 2006 #7 of 19
    coolpenguin

coolpenguin New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Glen Burnie, MD
    I so do not like Christopher. I want Lorilei to be with Luke more than anything. I dislike Logan the most, though. Everything about him creeps me out.

8. Nov 8, 2006 #8 of 19
    Uncle Briggs

Uncle Briggs Go Blues

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern...
    This show gets worse every week. It was one of my favorites before Christopher came back into the picture. If this is the last year for the show, I won't be sad.

9. Nov 8, 2006 #9 of 19
    marrone

marrone Phased Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Melbourne, FL
    I don't see why not. They've already shared a kiss.

I thought this was a decent episode. Was kinda sorry Susan turned out to be a freak...was hoping Luke would have found someone else to carry him for a few episodes, at least. She seemed nice...just freaky :(.

So who's more quirky...Lorelai, or Suki? (the whole cheating on her husband's vegetables thing)

-Mike

10. gilmoregirls102

gilmoregirls102 Oregonian

Dec 29, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Once, a favorite of mine (see the screen name?)... Now a show that went WAY down the drain... And I USED to like Christopher... he was better as a deadbeat Dad...

Buying Veronica Mars Season 1 & 2 on DVD was the best thing (TV wise...) I could've done! I like Logan Echolls 100 times better than Logan Huntzberger...

I am so over this show- 4 whole seasons waiting and wishing for Luke and Lorelai to get together, all ripped away in season 6- the same season Amy S-P ends her relationship with the show... Interesting...

11. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    I said all last season that Amy did a scorched earth policy with the show once the network would not cave to her demands. IMO she tried her best to get the show to a point where it was so far gone it had to be cancelled.

12. JediCowboyD

JediCowboyD Nerf Herder

Feb 21, 2002
    Happy...
  13. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    See, I kind of like Christopher. I don't have the hatred for him or Logan that many of you seem to have.

14. TivoFan

TivoFan Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Northampton, MA
    For me the feeling of the show has changed. The quirkiness of the show has always been a defining trait. It was a good way of fleshing out the characters and giving them richer personalities. It was done so artfully and effortlessly that it seemed natural extension of the way each character would act. Recently however, it has felt more forced. Instead of feeling natural, it screams "Hey look, we're quirky, see... same stuff you've always loved". It's like seeing the magician hide the cards up his sleeve. The magic just isn't there anymore.

15. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    I think TiVoFan has hit the nail on the head. The characters just don't sound... right. It's like when Rex Stout died and the publisher got Robert Goldsborough to continue the Nero Wolfe novels. He pushed all the proper buttons, but the books still seemed like clever fanfic.

But, like Agatha, I don't mind Christopher or Logan. Christopher is at least trying to do the right thing. Logan is a necessary lesson for Rory so that she'll appreciate a good man when he finally comes along.

I'll be watching to the finish, just to see where everybody ends up. I've got the time. :)

16. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Christopher was more interesting when he was riding a motorcycle and being a deadbeat. The whole "Hey, I got free money so lets make my character relevant!" thing was just stupid.

I keep watching to see how miserably it will end. GG has gone the way of 7th Heaven.

17. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Oh, not even close. Seventh Heaven is painful to watch. GG hasn't gotten to that point yet. Not by a long shot.

18. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Dumping Luke over a stupid ultimatum.
    Sleeping with Christopher.
    Giving Luke a child for no reason.
    Getting Lane knocked up for no reason.

I suspect that by the end of the season, Lorelai will have an abortion and Sookie will die in a kitchen fire. Taylor will be arrested for being a pedophile. Torri Spelling will make a guest appearance as a Stars Hollow school teacher that has sex with a teenage student.

On the next O.C...

19. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Tori Spelling already has a new gig, on Smallville. (OK, a guest shot.) Besides, she's not pretty enough to be a schoolteacher having an affair with a student. You need someone like Julie Bowen or Jessica Gilsig for that. :D