Gilmore Girls 10/10/06

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by marrone, Oct 11, 2006.

1. marrone

marrone Phased Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Melbourne, FL

Advertisements

Wow, not a thread on this yet.

I thought this was a pretty good episode. Was kinda hoping Kirk would bounce in complaining about lack of business.

Am disappointed we didn't get to see the hip-hop dance at the event (whatever that event was called).

My favorite line of the episode (paraphrased since I don't the EXACT wording):

Loreli: We even hired a couple of poor people for everyone to look down on.

-Mike

2. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    It's called a cotillion.

Not as many LOL moments for me this episode (except for "Bangalore!"), but it was still brilliantly done. I thought Lorelai's theory was spot on...could this have extended to her relationship with Luke?

Wish we could've seen more of Paris' SAT business; I think they could definitely go somewhere with that.

The whole Lane/Zach subplot was rather awkward, I thought. She hems and haws about telling him, then just tells him out of the blue, Zach acts like he's fine, then they both freak out near the end. It just seems like the whole thing should've been turned around: she tells him, they both freak out, but grow to accept it in the end.

I can't wait for the traditional summer/fall jump that takes place next week (I think), and I'm especially looking forward to
    Marty returning on November 14th. I still hate the fact that Rory ended up with Logan instead of him.

3. cyke93

cyke93 New Member

Jan 29, 2004
    i liked the episode.. never thought rory to be cyber..err.. texting hehehe..

4. JediCowboyD

JediCowboyD Nerf Herder

Feb 21, 2002
    Happy...
    Oh dear god I hate that wimp! I want to bitchslap him like the little no guts no glory whiner he is. There's a reason he's not with Rory; it's because he just doesn't have what it takes.

5. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!

Advertisements

Women naturally prefer smug men who bang brides' maids.

Marty just needs a smirk and a wedding to go to.

6. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Another solid episode in the right direction. While not as good as the first 2 episodes it still is a step above last years garbage. It was good to see richard and emily again that was the missing piece of this season so far. Why can't I get lucky and have either logan or christopher die a horrible death. I really hate those 2 arrogant smug pricks.

7. marrone

marrone Phased Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Melbourne, FL
    I think that was a bit overdone. But anything with Paris pretty much is, so we need her in low quantities so as to keep it just at humor and that's it. Kinda like Kirk.

If I was one of Paris' employees, I would have smacked her a few times by now.

-Mike

8. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Anyone notice that Paris (or Liza Weil) has lost some weight? Well maybe it is for her upcoming wedding (Liza Weil not Paris).

I thought it was pretty good and I really challenge anyone to tell the difference in the writing this year. If we did not know the Palladino's had left no one would even be talking about it.

9. cyke93

cyke93 New Member

Jan 29, 2004
    i actually like both of them.. from thet get go i wish that lorelei would end up with christopher and rightfully so ..

10. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    You like aholes with no redeeming qualitys except being rich?

11. cyke93

cyke93 New Member

Jan 29, 2004
    i was just stating an opinion but now that you brought up the topic of *******s... hmm ..