Gilmore Girls 1/10 "The Perfect Dress" SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Neenahboy, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA

Advertisements

Glad to see this back after a month-long hiatus. Can't believe we only have nine episodes left this season.

2. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    If my editor-in-chief was anything like Paris Geller, I'd strangle her myself and be feted as a hero for it.

3. thefutoncritic

thefutoncritic New Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Hmmm. Tonight's is the 11th shot this season so there should be 11 more left.

4. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Oh my. Did they make Sherilyn Fenn look just like Lorelei? Or am I imagining things?

5. firerose818

firerose818 Now 65 pounds less! TCF Club

Jul 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA

Advertisements

Didn't Sherilyn Fenn also play Jess' dad's wife in the episode where Jess went to CA to find his dad?

There were a lot of cute bits in this episode. I loved Rory falling apart in front of the shrink, and Doyle and Paris practicing self defense. I also liked Luke wanting to be a part of April's life. I guess I just don't have a problem with that story line.

-Rose

6. dr_mal

dr_mal It's CWS time

Mar 21, 2001
    Abingdon, VA
    Even though it was a blatant ripoff of Inspector Clouseau and his faithful manservant Cato, it still had me LOL. :up:

7. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Yes, she did, but she was all blonde and bohemian in that episode. Here's she's more restrained and businesslike. I easily can see her and Lorelei being friends once they realize that she's not after Luke.

8. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Gloss Drops Rosebuds

Sep 19, 2005
    Edmonton Canada
    You're assuming she's not after him ??? I wasn't too sure by the end of the ep.

9. Tabitha573

Tabitha573 Snotty

Aug 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    I started running my mouth and missed most of it. I hate when company unexpectedly shows up on Gilmore Girls night. :mad:

10. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Maybe it's because I've spent so much time over the last several months getting caught up on prior seasons, but this whole season has been a pretty big shoulder-shrug for me. This was another meh episode, I thought. It's fun to see Lorelai happy and running her mouth again, and I'm enough of a sucker for such things to like the whole perfect dress bit, but we've gone from one awkward plot device (Lorelai's fight with Rory) to another (Luke's daughter). I don't mind that he has a daughter, per se, although it's pretty obvious and awkward plot construction, but I do mind him not taking the obvious step of immediately telling Lorelai about her. He would know that Lorelai would be OK with it, so the drama they are setting up is ridiculous and is already trying my patience.

11. dr_mal

dr_mal It's CWS time

Mar 21, 2001
    Abingdon, VA
    *cough*TiVo*cough* :D

12. Neenahboy

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I agree, though I did absolutely love the long-winded Lorelai/Rory exchanges. Next season looks to be a logical place to end the series, especially if Rory graduates Yale. Amy and Dan Palladino seem to have lost something this season :(

On the bright side, only a couple more episodes until we see

the return of Friday night dinner, the first time everyone has been in the same room together since the big blowup last season. According to SpoilerFix, the dinner runs for eight scenes :eek:

13. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    I have been watching episodes from season 4 and 5 (got the sets for Christmas). I had forgotten that Rory and Lane had broken up with their boyfriends. It just seemed odd.

Luke looked dazed when he saw that Lorelai had made all of the plans. It was almost like he was hoping that she would take her time at it. I'm glad he wants to get to know April. That's very important. It's sutpid that he didn't tell Lorelai. Of course it was, which is why it is a plot point. I don't see April being a problem for Lorelai and Luke, unless April starts trying to set up Luke with her mom. Which probably means it will happen

14. Neenahboy

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Dang, I didn't even think of that. However, the kid seems smart enough to realize that nothing could possibly come between Lorelai and Luke. But that doesn't stop them from trying :rolleyes:

15. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Good lord, if the Palladinos actually go there, they might as well end the series immediately. There's simply no way that, after six seasons of Luke and Lorelai obviously being meant for each other, they could credibly pull that off. It's one of the reasons the current (or pending) crisis is so hard to swallow.

16. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    Maybe they can set up Lorelai with April's Mom?

17. Uncle Briggs

Uncle Briggs Go Blues

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern...
    The banter between Lorelei and Rory at the beginning of the show was to cutesy and annoying.

18. coolpenguin

coolpenguin New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Just watched it today and enjoyed it immensely. I also didn't get any previews for next week, what's with that?

19. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Something that has been bugging me, and is still bugging me about this whole thing.

Paris mentions Krav Magda to Rory, explaining what it is. Rory already knew. A couple of seasons ago, she mentioned to Lorelai that Paris knew it. It seemed kinda odd to have it explained all over again. Of course, it wasn't explained in the past, but it looks like they were afraid they'd lose their viewers if the writers didn't explain what it was.