Giant List(s) of Holiday Programming, 2011 Edition

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by grecorj, Nov 22, 2011.

1. grecorj

grecorj Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2002
    CT
    Let's start with what is, in my opinion, the single largest collection of Holiday Programming specials ever assembeled, by WPXI's weatherman, Scott Harbaugh, downloadable in PDF format here:

Scott Harbaugh's holiday programming list

This list is a close second: Chiff holiday specials list

This list has been done annually for years -- includes short descriptions. These times are all Central, adjust accordingly for East/West viewing.
    Milwuakee Journal-Sential 2011 Holiday TV Schedule

Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas schedule

TV Tango - This list is very good, too, but only November is posted at the moment.

ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas Guide (pdf)

Newsday list -- not as comprehensive, but most of the classics plus list of new specials/movies

2. grecorj

Feb 6, 2002
    CT
    Added link Milwuakee Journal-Sential list to OP.

3. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    The ABC Family list says that 12/4 is the "Network Television Premiere" of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. This confused me at first, as I thought "network television" meant it would be on ABC, but it has been confirmed that it is on ABC Family. (ABC is airing its normal Sunday lineup that night.)

Also, I noticed some errors/omissions in the Harbaugh list:
    Thanksgiving night:
    The 2010 The Simpsons Christmas episode airs on Fox at 9:30 Eastern/Pacific

December 11 - on Fox:
    The 2010 The Cleveland Show Christmas episode airs at 7:00
    Family Guy is at 9:00, not 8:30, and there is nothing in the Fox press release that makes it sound like it is a Christmas episode
    American Dad's new Christmas episode is at 9:30, not 9:00

Also, on December 1, one of the C-SPAN stations "should be" showing live coverage of the lighting of the National Christmas Tree just before 6 PM Eastern; the problem is, they usually don't know which (if any) station will cover it in advance as it depends on whether or not the House and/or Senate are in session at the time (yes, there is a "rule" that says that C-SPAN must always cover the House, and C-SPAN 2 the Senate, while they are in session).

(Oh, and for those of us who are interested in such things, the EWTN airing of Pope Benedict XVI's Christmas Eve mass is correct; it is at 4 PM Eastern, which is 10 PM in Rome - starting last year, the Pope's doctors advised him that performing a mass until 1:30 AM was not good for him, so "midnight mass" runs from 10 PM to 11:30 PM local time.)

4. grecorj

Feb 6, 2002
    CT
    Added link to Newsday list.