Ghost Whisperer 1/13/06 "Last Execution"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by atrac, Jan 14, 2006.

1. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I didn't care for this episode at all. Some really sloppy writing.

JLH's hair gets caught in the garbage disposal. What, the ghost trying to help his daughter caused this? Or did JLH decide she wanted to get her haircut and opposed to just having her character suddenly have short hair, they have to write it in to the episode...making zero sense? The only thing that would make sense is to address this in a later episode (maybe the laughing man did it), in which case I'll withdraw this complaint. But I'm thinking it won't happen.

Also at the ending the daughter says "I don't feel alone anymore" after her father crosses over. Yet earlier in the episode she said that she always felt her father with her and that was what gave her the strength to fight for the paintings because she "wasn't doing it alone." HUH???? Not to mention that since her father crossed over, she's more alone now than she was when he was "around." Blech...

2. DaveBogart

DaveBogart Active Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Golden,...
    I was left wondering how someone who murders a man while having an affair with that man's wife get's to follow the light and enter paradise.

3. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    When did anyone say that was paradise?

4. DanaMac223

DanaMac223 Proud Army Mom

May 21, 2005
    Northern...
    Nope, all she said is that it was the next step. He did admit his guilt though so maybe having to relive his death over and over until then was his punishment?

5. alpacaboy

alpacaboy Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2004
    I never thought about that. But yeah, she doesn't know what's on the other side of the light. Maybe she's sending everyone to eternal darnnation... or worse, pergatory on a deserted island with mystical forces...

6. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    The show has to be all things to all religions, so they can't get any more specific about what's on "the other side" other than that people's souls have to go there after they die.

So where's Laughing Man and Trenchcoat Man? C'mon, let's get the big story arc going!

7. IwantmyTiVo

IwantmyTiVo New Member

Sep 20, 2005
    zzzzz The past few shows have been getting worse. It better pick up the pace asap for me.

8. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    The only good part of this show lately is JLH.

9. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    I was kind of expecting him to say "I see this black tunnel..."

10. mrmike

mrmike Custom User Title

May 2, 2001
    Maybe he repented? Is that so hard to believe?

11. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    Or a place with no OTA HD reception or hd dvr...oh wrong forum sorry

Notice she changed to black instead of white gowns? And I guess it's her normal hair now instead of extensions.

I'm hoping hubby's record is totally wiped clean. What a mean old lady trying to scam them like that. At least play sick and stay home in bed!!!

12. bryan314

bryan314 New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    This brings up something thats been bugging me for a few episodes. What is she going to do when she comes up against a truly malevolent spirit? They started a few episodes with this premise (tattoo guy and hanged man) but it quickly devolved into 'misunderstood ghosts'. These ghosts can interact with the real world and do her real harm but we haven't seen that she has any way of affecting them. She can only talk to them. Seems kinda one sided.

13. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    I'm thinking she might have to marshal a posse of other "earthbound spirits" to help her out.

Or put in a call to Piper, Phoebe, and Paige. Oh, wait, they're a whole 'nother network away. Well, Dr. Molly from "Threshold" isn't busy at the moment. :D

14. Tenor72

Tenor72 New Member

Jan 11, 2006
    The Deep South
    JLH is worth watching it for! Have you guys ever got in a fight with your lady bc you might casually say, "JLH is really pretty-or something like-Wow I really like her-she is a good actress"???
    What is it with girls? Why do they hate JLH? I would think they would appreciate talent or good looks? What do ya'll think? I hope GW lasts awhile longer-lets hope the writers can come up with something. Is is kinda depressing after awhile-but it could be done-and WOW-the eye candy is off the charts.....sorry ladies.

15. JammasterC

JammasterC giggty, giggty

Aug 9, 2005
    Southern, NJ
    Who cares what she does or even what the show is about !
    I just gotta see her outfits every Friday nite !
    It's all about her sense of fashion.
    Can't wait until the DVD of the tv season comes out.