Getting TiVo to handle mass lineup change?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by lukekane, Mar 3, 2018.

1. lukekane

lukekane New Member

Mar 3, 2018

Advertisements

The futon mattress is a Multipurpose furniture, it is simple to use it as a couch or a bed if needed. But if you would like to enjoy this mattress for a long time, you have to care and wash it regularly to prevent it from dust and dirt. Knowing this demand, now we'll offer you helpful hints for how to clean your futon mattress with household cleaners which can be easily found in your home.

Originally, futon is a Traditional kind of Japanese bedding, a complete set includes of 2 pieces: mattress and duvet, and both of these are pliable so people can fold and save it whether it is not in use. However, when entering into the Western, futon mattress has been changed respectively to accommodate with individuals here with thick dimension of mattress. Then, the method that Japanese people clean futon by utilizing a stick continuously hitting the futon no longer makes sense, they require a new means to eliminate dust and debris with ease. 8 Best Queen Size Futon Mattress Reviews & Buying Guide 2018

Today we will introduce You 3 ways to wash your futon mattress with easy-found household cleaners. Let's start today.

What you need:
    - Futon mattress

- A dry and sunny day

- Way 1: White vinegar, Water, sponge.

- Method 2: Hydrogen Peroxide solution, water, spongeand baking soda (if any)

- Way 3: Vacuum cleaner, Steam cleaner, fabric, water.

Way 1: Clean with vinegar
    For a long time Have taken advance of white vinegar not only in recipes but also as one of the most valuable household cleaners. It's typically helpful in removing mold as well as the stains caused by it on the cloths.

Here are the steps you Should follow:

- Mix a solution of 2 Cups of white vinegar with 2 cups of water in a bucket.

- Soak the wash sponge Into the solution before it absorbs the cleaning solution.

- Squeeze the sponge Out to remove the excess solution.

- Apply the solution- Impregnated sponge to the region of the futon mattress to remove mold and stains.

- Use another clean Sponge or wash the used sponge then peel the washed area of futon mattress to remove the smell of vinegar.

- Let the futon Mattress outside to be dried. Remember do not using it till it is completely dry. This process can take up a day or longer based on the degree of sunlight.
    [​IMG]

Way 2: Applying benzoyl peroxide to clean the best futon mattress queen
    Hydrogen peroxide is a Multipurpose solution which we can use for cleaning futon mattress. It's ability to remove the dirt in the mattress by making it losing its hold and linkage, so that you can easily bring your dirt-free futon mattress back after about 15 minutes only!

Completing the job by Following the steps:

- Require a quarter cup of Hydrogen peroxide using a cup of water, mix them well.

- Get the clean sponge And dip to the mixed solution, make certain you get the enough amount of solution which is not so much or too less.

- Gradually apply the Sponge into the surface of the futon mattress.

- Let the futon mattress Naturally dry so the odor of hydrogen peroxide can get away.

One thing that you Should keep in mind after using this method: Hydrogen peroxide can render an awful odor, therefore it's time for baking soda. Pour baking soda (Recall: baking soda only, no water!)) On the mattress and leave it for at least 1 hour. Then, remove these amount of baking soda, so you'll feel the pleasant smell of mattress being back.

Method 3: Using other modern equipment in the house
    Maybe one day when you Are in need of cleaning your futon mattress but your residence is out of white vinegar and in the cabinet there isn't any hydrogen peroxide or baking soda, then now is the time for you to take advantage of additional contemporary equipment in the home. All you need this is a vacuum cleaner, a steam cleaner, a sheet of cloth and water. So simply!

Then here are the things you Should follow to clean out the futon mattress:

If your mattress has a Futon cover, remove it. The covers usually have buttons or zips on either side and you can clean them separately in the oven.

- Eliminate Mattress cover wash it separately in the washing machine afterwards.

- Use the steam cleaner To eliminate dried stains. Remember that you shouldn't make the mattress to moist too much because besides taking a very long time to dry, in addition, it provides chances for mold and mildew to grow.

- Dip the cloth in to Water to make the wet one, use on the surface of the futon mattress.

- Allow the futon dry. The best way is to place it out under the sunshine for hours until it's completely dried.

- After that, use the Vacuum to blow off the stayed debris and dust away. You should do this step regularly to ensure your futon mattress clean all day.

These days there are Several procedures mattress. It is possible to choose one that is appropriate the most with your kind of futon mattress in addition to the availability of household cleaners. Regardless of what method you use, don't forget to read the guideline and manual carefully prior to start to make sure that your best futon mattress is cleaned correctly.

If you have any other Method of cleaning futon mattress, do not be afraid to talk with us by Commenting below this article. Bear in mind, sharing is caring!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  2. hapster85

hapster85 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Presumably, wouldn't TiVo be aware of this change already? Anyway, I don't think there's a way for end users to preemptively submit lineup changes, singly or en masse.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I submitted about 10 channel changes once (a few months ago). They sent me an email asking for a link. I sent them a link to my cable company's lineup web page. They never made the change. On the right date? Now you're making a joke.

4. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    tivo has been good about being on top of the comcast lineup changes in most markets (including ours). when it happens, give a quick call to tivo tech support and make them aware of the channel realignment hitting your market, they fixed ours (mostly) in 2 days:

there were a few hiccups with my 1p's following the migration, but that didn't take long to fix, i just had to point a few of them to the new channel numbers. a few manual recordings for two days during the transition, but not nearly as bad as i had expected. good luck!

PSU_Sudzi likes this.
  5. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA

Advertisements

Do you already have channels above 1000? If not then this shouldn't impact you since at this time Comcast is still keeping the existing channels below 1000. That was our situation so we didn't really notice the additional channels being added until TiVo alerted us to the added channels.

If your lineup has channels above 1000, then I'd concentrate on submitting a guide lineup report for the ones that you watch/record that are moving to a new number when Comcast makes the change to try and lessen any impact if TiVo doesn't get their lineup updated at the same time.

Scott

6. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    not necessarily, we'd had channels in the 1000's for years (which mostly mirrored atlanta), and the realignment still made a mess of those, changing most all of the channels in the 1000's.

there was no need to submit a lineup change to tivo in our case, tivo was already prepared and ready to make the switch once i made them aware it had happened.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  7. Phil T

Phil T Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2003
    Littleton,...
    I’ve had a few Comcast channels change and a couple of errors. I notified TiVo via the web form and they have been fixed in a couple of days.

8. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    You left off the second paragraph of my reply where I said if you have existing channels above 1000 and *if* TiVo doesn't get the lineup updated at the same time. While it was good that your area was updated correctly, there have been numerous posts here where that transition for Comcast and TiVo did not happen in timely fashion.

Scott

9. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i was concentrating on setting a proper level of expectation for the op in case 1) they have channels above 1000, and b) their channels are as big of a mess as ours following the realignment. ;)

as far as submitting lineup changes to tivo following the realignment, it's 6 months later and we still have mislabeled channels tivo refuses to correct, even with input from the local affiliates - due to nielsen dma reports - thankfully, at least, the guide data is accurate.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018