Getting the Gsod, need help

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Smilez, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Smilez

Smilez Hello Jon

Mar 11, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    Ok I bought a tivo with a bad hard drive. I bought a brand new Maxtor 500Gb drive and installed a new image on the drive. Last night when I plugged it in it went through the welcome powering up screen, I got to the Just a few more minutes screen and that is when it kicked me out to the GSOD screen. I let it run all night but it's still rebooting itself. Does anyone have a suggestion for what I can do? It's a hughes sd-dvr40.

2. rbtravis

rbtravis New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Parker, Co....
    Whose Image did you use? Was it the image for the Hughes SD - DVR40? What Version? Was it 6.2a? :confused:

3. John T Smith

John T Smith New Member

Jun 17, 2004
    Vancouver WA
  4. Smilez

Smilez Hello Jon

Mar 11, 2007
    San Jose, CA

No, installed image 6.2.

5. rbtravis

rbtravis New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Parker, Co....
    I have installed 6.2a from DVRupgrade and It worked fine. I suggest if the SD-DVR40 image is not for or from a Hughes machine you order the correct image. If the image is correct then I would run the manufacturers test disk and make sure the drive is ok. I have installed a Maxtor 500GB on my RCA with the RCA image from DVRupgrade. It works great and auto-upgraded to 6.3e and is still running without any errors. Don't forget to change the 2032 battery just in case. They should be changed every 3 years just to be safe. Remember if you just bought the drive you usually have 30 days to return if defective.